Author Topic: I had that exact scooter!  (Read 231 times)

jak51

• Northeast Ohio
    • View Profile
I had that exact scooter!
« on: June 16, 2021, 02:43:08 PM »
Last Sunday, my wife and I were at a lunch being held for members of our local m'cycle club.  About 60 members showed up, with spouses, close to 80.  First time we have gotten together as a group since December, 2019.  Sure, we did rides last summer, but not too many of the club showed up for those, and certainly not too many spouses.  This was an honest to goodness food-fueled get together, and it was great to see everyone.

My wife had driven over to the lunch, and I rode my GV 250.  I parked the scoot with the other bikes on the driveway.  We left as things were breaking up, and my wife headed to her car.  As I was getting my helmet out of the trunk box, one of the club members who I've known for several years, came running up to me and said "I had that same scooter in  Israel!"  I hadn't seen him since I bought the scoot last year.  Turns out, he and his were living over there in the late 90's, and owned a Kymco Grand Dink 250, the Euro-Asian version of my GV 250.  Said he and his wife used the scoot exclusively for transportation for a couple of years, and absolutely loved it.  He sold the scoot when his wife delivered their first child, and they needed something on four wheels.  He said seeing my scoot brought ack a lot of good memories.

Glad I could bring a smile to someone's face.

Jeff

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: I had that exact scooter!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 03:20:49 PM »
Last Sunday, my wife and I were at a lunch being held for members of our local m'cycle club.  About 60 members showed up, with spouses, close to 80.  First time we have gotten together as a group since December, 2019.  Sure, we did rides last summer, but not too many of the club showed up for those, and certainly not too many spouses.  This was an honest to goodness food-fueled get together, and it was great to see everyone.

My wife had driven over to the lunch, and I rode my GV 250.  I parked the scoot with the other bikes on the driveway.  We left as things were breaking up, and my wife headed to her car.  As I was getting my helmet out of the trunk box, one of the club members who I've known for several years, came running up to me and said "I had that same scooter in  Israel!"  I hadn't seen him since I bought the scoot last year.  Turns out, he and his were living over there in the late 90's, and owned a Kymco Grand Dink 250, the Euro-Asian version of my GV 250.  Said he and his wife used the scoot exclusively for transportation for a couple of years, and absolutely loved it.  He sold the scoot when his wife delivered their first child, and they needed something on four wheels.  He said seeing my scoot brought ack a lot of good memories.

Glad I could bring a smile to someone's face.

Jeff
What a great story!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 05:12:22 PM »
Yeah Grand Dink* wouldn't have gone over to well in the states.  I own several different model Kymco's and the Grandvista is one of my favorites.

* Dual Income No Kids. A sign of prosperity in Asia
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

jak51

• Northeast Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 07:29:59 PM »

* Dual Income No Kids. A sign of prosperity in Asia

Funny, in the '80's and '90's, I had lots of DINK friends who were proud of that acronym.  And a few who still are, even at this stage of the game, agewise (60's and older...).

Jeff

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()