Author Topic: Talking about short term ownership!  (Read 170 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Talking about short term ownership!
« on: June 18, 2021, 01:06:31 PM »
I recently purchased a 2009 Kymco People 250S with very low miles. The story begins when I seen a add in the Tulsa craigslist.  I called about the  250S  the morning after it was advertised and it was sold.  About a week later I seen the ad again and called. The older gentlemen that bought it had ballance issues and fell over in the garage and promptly put it for sale. Total time of his ownership before I purchased it 6 days. The damage was more then I thought it would be with a broken turn pod and scratches to that side.  I had to wait for him to get the title back to send it to me. Received the notarized title yesterday.  It cost the gentleman a   $500. loss on the scooter plus $200 for a helmet not to mention the tag and taxes fee. The important thing is that the gentleman is ok and he purchased a three wheel bike.

The bottom plastic by the kickstand is broke in half. Plus scratches on the side panel and faring and top plastic by the turn pod otherwise the scooter looks like new.  I will repair this winter when I have time.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Talking about short term ownership!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 01:36:14 PM »
Not the same - but different. (How's that for a sentence? )
Stopped and looked at a red 250S at a small car lot one day. It had 8 miles on it. He wanted $2999.00 for it , big crack in the front leg shield.
He said he'd put probably 4 of those miles on it, taking it around the block so the carb wouldn't clog.
Very nice deep red color...but front looks too 'blocky' for my taste. Too thick, or something.
Stig
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 01:38:23 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: Talking about short term ownership!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 03:07:41 PM »
Not the same - but different. (How's that for a sentence? )
Stopped and looked at a red 250S at a small car lot one day. It had 8 miles on it. He wanted $2999.00 for it , big crack in the front leg shield.
He said he'd put probably 4 of those miles on it, taking it around the block so the carb wouldn't clog.
Very nice deep red color...but front looks too 'blocky' for my taste. Too thick, or something.
Stig
I guess that's why they make different models for different tastes. 
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()