Author Topic: Finding a New AK550 Somewhere on The East Coast ?  (Read 1932 times)

Super Dirt Dud

• View Profile
Finding a New AK550 Somewhere on The East Coast ?
« on: June 20, 2021, 11:14:24 PM »
So I may have to wait until next year to get a AK550 unless someone sees a slightly used one ?

Does anyone know of one at there local dealer ?
I HAD THE RIGHT-OF-WAY will look splendid chiseled on your tombstone !

Be Careful out there
 2022 AK550
2023 People 150

NomadCF

• View Profile
Re: Finding a New AK550 Somewhere on The East Coast ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 11:28:50 PM »
About a week ago I heard from my dealer and then finally from a rep from Kymcousa. Both ended up saying the same things. There's a *ton* scooters in the US and have been? But there all "stuck" on docks in containers and there's no one to move/hall them.

Also the new shipping/destination charges are soon to be updated. As the pricing to ship and hall anything is going though the roof (if it's not livestock or perishables).

Super Dirt Dud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 12:42:56 AM »
Thanks I want one but have lots of bikes now so if I have to Wait I can but I believe the price will be going up if you can't find one now on a dealership floor.

Be Careful out there
 2022 AK550
2023 People 150

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 07:13:13 PM »
Super, I am having the same problem in RI. Dealers havent seen AK550's shipped to them. I might have to wait until next year... I hope they bring the Blue/maroon color ones...

Dean
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

Migs1974

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 11:35:59 PM »
I just got back from my local dealership and put a deposit down for the next AK 550 they get in. They've had one so far and it sold in 3 days. I haven't been able to find one in stock within 300 miles of me (Berks County, PA) to see or sit on. But I know I want it, so I pulled the trigger. They have no idea when it will be in, but the old guy who does the orders thought it should be within 30 days. I'm crossing my fingers. Now I have to say goodbye to my first scoot and sell it before the new one comes in. It should cover more than half of the cost of the AK 550. But good luck to you, I hope you find one.

Super Dirt Dud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 12:55:52 AM »
Nomad maybe we can get together and go for a ride I am in the Lehigh Valley and will be dropping a truck off in Leola this Wednesday and riding my BV350 back .
The AK550 looks like a great cruiser for my wife and I the BV350 is a bit cramped and my 2004 Scarabeo500 is just getting old so that's why I am even interested in one .
Do you have other scooters also ? I am a bit of a bike junkie  :D

Be Careful out there
 2022 AK550
2023 People 150

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 02:06:51 AM »
I suspected the lack of inventory was due to Covid-19 shipping/transport issues rather than that dealers simply aren't ordering any thinking there would be no interest. I have heard several times of dealers that have one in the dealership for a short time compared with other bikes and then cannot get another for a while.

I am wishing I was not so liking my Burgman 650 as much as I am. Then I'd put a deposit on one. But I definitely need to sit on one first. I think that may not happen for a very long time.

Though those prices at Hall's Motorsports ($6999!) makes it very hard not to plan a trip to the south. See cycletrader.com and do a keyword search on AK 550.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 02:11:44 AM by rjs987 »
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 04:25:26 AM »

Though those prices at Hall's Motorsports ($6999!) makes it very hard not to plan a trip to the south. See cycletrader.com and do a keyword search on AK 550.

Bob, Hall's don't have 'em in stock either. If they did, I'd already have one. Plus, they give that price to get you in, but have fees to get it back to MSRP. I bought my CTX1300 from them.
I can feel the hook getting sunk into me. The guys on ADV are trying to convince me to get the Xmax 300. I just so gullible  :(

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 02:21:24 PM »
I just got back from my local dealership and put a deposit down for the next AK 550 they get in. They've had one so far and it sold in 3 days. I haven't been able to find one in stock within 300 miles of me (Berks County, PA) to see or sit on. But I know I want it, so I pulled the trigger. They have no idea when it will be in, but the old guy who does the orders thought it should be within 30 days. I'm crossing my fingers. Now I have to say goodbye to my first scoot and sell it before the new one comes in. It should cover more than half of the cost of the AK 550. But good luck to you, I hope you find one.

Wow, a guy in Berks County and another in the Lehigh Valley. I am in Schuylkill County. It's like we have the makings of a local scooter club here!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

Migs1974

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 07:46:54 PM »
Wow, a guy in Berks County and another in the Lehigh Valley. I am in Schuylkill County. It's like we have the makings of a local scooter club here!

🤔🤔🤔🤔 although I'm only going to be in PA for another year. But once I get my AK I'd be down to at least meet for a ride.

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 08:18:16 PM »
🤔🤔🤔🤔 although I'm only going to be in PA for another year. But once I get my AK I'd be down to at least meet for a ride.

That would be great. I'd love to see an AK500 live and in the flesh! Let us know when you get your hands on it.
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

Super Dirt Dud

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 11:44:18 PM »
I called the ones on Cycle Trader none in stock . I called Kymco USA and the only have 20 coming on shore once they get the ships to the dock . Placed an order for one and will wait till it get here I have plenty on 2 wheelers to keep me busy .

Be Careful out there
 2022 AK550
2023 People 150

Steeldragon1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2021, 03:02:53 PM »
Have had a AK on order since may, dealer called and gave me Vin# yesterday, hopefully pick it up this week. Im in Staten Island NY, picking up Scooter in Jersey!

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2021, 03:55:11 PM »
Have had a AK on order since may, dealer called and gave me Vin# yesterday, hopefully pick it up this week. Im in Staten Island NY, picking up Scooter in Jersey!
Hopefully this means some have shipped and he didn't get one from some small place that couldn't sell it. Hoping.......

NomadCF

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 11:40:58 AM »
Just picked mine up on Wednesday and there was another one still there last night with a sales sign on it.

Shop : Çlevelandmoto
Phone : 216-795-5580

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()