Author Topic: Finding a New AK550 Somewhere on The East Coast ?  (Read 1911 times)

Super Dirt Dud

• View Profile
Re: Finding a New AK550 Somewhere on The East Coast ?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2021, 09:16:00 PM »
I sent them an email and a plane ride is 200 so that is good thanks for the lead
I HAD THE RIGHT-OF-WAY will look splendid chiseled on your tombstone !

Be Careful out there
 2022 AK550
2023 People 150

NomadCF

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2021, 11:46:05 PM »
I sent them an email and a plane ride is 200 so that is good thanks for the lead

I would call them when they open on Tuesday. You'll get a much faster response.

Super Dirt Dud

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 07:05:47 PM »
So  yesterday was a tuff day that will put my new bike on hold for a bit . 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Parkinsons and it has been good except for some shake and bad cramping .
Yesterday I was in my shop working on a pressure washer with another 240volt machine sitting next to me , my machine started to Leak all over me while I was holding a wire braided hose.
Mind you I was all wet suddenly the 240 volt machine unknown by me had a wire come loose and the next thing I knew I was part of the current !
I was shocked for about 5 seconds till I could throw the hose out of my hands and I crashed to the ground . The guys came running picked me up and at that point I seemed fine .
Forward an hour or so and I was shaking all over and my right side isn't working great . Off to the emergency room they took me rite in no waiting and all the test are good .
But now I will have to wait n see if a heavier bike is in my immediate future or not since I am still shaking and sore for sure so the AK550 is on hold for now  :'(

Be Careful out there
 2022 AK550
2023 People 150

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2021, 08:46:08 PM »
So  yesterday was a tuff day that will put my new bike on hold for a bit . 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Parkinsons and it has been good except for some shake and bad cramping .
Yesterday I was in my shop working on a pressure washer with another 240volt machine sitting next to me , my machine started to Leak all over me while I was holding a wire braided hose.
Mind you I was all wet suddenly the 240 volt machine unknown by me had a wire come loose and the next thing I knew I was part of the current !
I was shocked for about 5 seconds till I could throw the hose out of my hands and I crashed to the ground . The guys came running picked me up and at that point I seemed fine .
Forward an hour or so and I was shaking all over and my right side isn't working great . Off to the emergency room they took me rite in no waiting and all the test are good .
But now I will have to wait n see if a heavier bike is in my immediate future or not since I am still shaking and sore for sure so the AK550 is on hold for now  :'(
Geez!
I know the gang here is wishing you a good and full recovery from your accident!
Scary mix - electricity and water.

Major Tom
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Super Dirt Dud

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2021, 12:34:47 AM »
Thanks it was really scary I still want a AK550 but common sense says to wait till I get a little better grounded .
I will keep riding but small bikes for now

Be Careful out there
 2022 AK550
2023 People 150

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2021, 10:37:31 AM »
Thanks it was really scary I still want a AK550 but common sense says to wait till I get a little better grounded .
I will keep riding but small bikes for now

Good to hear it wasn't any worse SD Dud and I join Stig in wishing you well and a good recovery.  As for the AK, maybe your decision for the moment is the right one, see how you go before risking a huge $ outlay eh?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Paco

• Northern California
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2021, 11:20:17 AM »
wait till I get a little better grounded .

No pun intended, I'm sure! Hoping for a quick and full recovery for you.
2019 Kymco X-Town 300i

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2021, 11:39:19 AM »
No pun intended, I'm sure! Hoping for a quick and full recovery for you.

Well spotted, I'd missed that!  You're a live wire Paco  ;)
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2021, 12:18:41 PM »
Super Dirt, very sorry to hear about the incident..but glad you’re ok. Good idea to take a break..we all need to step back now and then. Your health is more important than any scoot.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Super Dirt Dud

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2021, 10:27:07 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes and the AK is in my future but for now today was my first day not limping the right side of my was not working like it should .
I have a brain scan scheduled to see if everything looks like it is in the rite place . I have been out on my BV350 and was fine it is the extra weight in the shop that worries me .
But as long as I can keep on the smaller bikes that is good enough for me .
Thanks again for the well wishes .Tom

Be Careful out there
 2022 AK550
2023 People 150

NomadCF

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2021, 05:01:19 PM »
If anyone's interested I just got this VM.

Nathan from Honda East. I just wanted to give you a call and let you know if you're still looking for a Kymco ak550. I just got one on the floor this morning. So if you are still interested in that feel free to give me a call. You can reach me at 419-891-1230 extension 243

Ball Four

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2021, 06:49:31 PM »
All,

Sorry I'm late posting here - I recently took delivery of my 2022 550 AK. I live in Hendersonville NC and am blessed to have an outstanding dealership nearby. Hunter Power Sports, Asheville Hwy, Hendersonville. << Hope I'm OK posting that??

Today is Friday, Sept 17, 2021 and, as of this morning, there is another 2022 550 AK in their showroom. At 75 yo, I've owned a ton of motorcycles and nothing even comes close to what this bike delivers.

Hope this helps someone.

Ride safe ya'll.

Danny

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2021, 08:01:58 PM »
I've been in contact with Ultimate Cycle in Powhatan, VA. They have a few 2022 models in stock and quoted me a OTD price of $8955.
I'd have to add on shipping across to Iowa since I don't want to ride a brand new bike that far when the first maintenance would have to happen while still on the road.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2021, 08:30:00 PM »
All,

Sorry I'm late posting here - I recently took delivery of my 2022 550 AK. I live in Hendersonville NC and am blessed to have an outstanding dealership nearby. Hunter Power Sports, Asheville Hwy, Hendersonville. << Hope I'm OK posting that??

Today is Friday, Sept 17, 2021 and, as of this morning, there is another 2022 550 AK in their showroom. At 75 yo, I've owned a ton of motorcycles and nothing even comes close to what this bike delivers.

Hope this helps someone.

Ride safe ya'll.

Danny
Hello Danny,
Just very curious - what was your out the door price on your 2022 550 scooter?
Has anyone actually gotten one of these home for under $9K?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ball Four

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2021, 10:37:07 PM »
Hello Danny,
Just very curious - what was your out the door price on your 2022 550 scooter?
Has anyone actually gotten one of these home for under $9K?

Stig

Hey Stig,

Sorry - The exact numbers are in my wife's office and she's out of town. They were asking $9,300 for the bike and I know there were a few add ons but nothing excessive. Everyone at the dealership has a great attitude, they all put the work in to take care of their customers. I've bought multiple bikes there over the years and can vouch for every department's competent service.

Danny

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()