Author Topic: Spying on Stig!  (Read 681 times)

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Spying on Stig!
« on: June 23, 2021, 05:45:33 PM »
Hey Stig, are these photos from YOUR favorite cafe? And were you there this morning? If so, I believe we had an interaction through a relative of mine who was in town.
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Spying on Stig!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 09:58:50 PM »
Well I'll be ding dang!
That sure made me homesick!!
Actually I'm in a little pizza restaurant in Gatlinburg on vacation with all 3 females.
Two things;
A) that's a great pair of photos!
2) what bean was Dino serving this morning?
Oh man....nearly a week no scooter!..no Dino!
Thanks much for posting!
*what's in the bag?

footnote: be sure to ask if they have veterans discounts! Even though not on the sign.
On the mtn. tram my price went from $17, to $8.50😊
Stig
!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 10:31:38 PM »
Well I'll be ding dang!
That sure made me homesick!!
Actually I'm in a little pizza restaurant in Gatlinburg on vacation with all 3 females.
Two things;
A) that's a great pair of photos!
2) what bean was Dino serving this morning?
Oh man....nearly a week no scooter!..no Dino!
Thanks much for posting!
*what's in the bag?

footnote: be sure to ask if they have veterans discounts! Even though not on the sign.
On the mtn. tram my price went from $17, to $8.50😊
Stig
!

Stig, I have no idea to the answer to your questions. My niece, who lives in Stow, OH, is a consulting engineer and she has a client in your area and was meeting them for breakfast there this morning. I saw her photos on Facebook and somehow remembered the name of your cafe and put two and two together. I asked her if she saw you, and said she did notice a veteran having coffee this morning and thought it might be you. She said she even said hello and good morning to the gentleman, and I thought, "My niece just met Stig!" How cool would THAT have been?

Anyway, at least she was in the RIGHT PLACE. Just at the WRONG TIME. But now the secret's out and I know where to find you. If you ever see an ADV 150 sitting out front early one morning when you arrive, you'll know who it is...
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 12:21:33 AM »

...becaus, "no pic it didn't happen!"
Very good pizza from a shop run by a bunch of delightful Jamaican fellows.
Heading home tomorrow.
Hope that "No Grow" Scotts' stuff i put on the lawn worked!
My new Yuasa is waiting to get acid put in and installed in the Liberty. Never done this before.
Now I'll read your last post....typing this in the hot tub on the deck of our cabin. Wanted to post this
in case I drop the phone....Dog is trying to join me...

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 12:31:43 AM »
Stig, I have no idea to the answer to your questions. My niece, who lives in Stow, OH, is a consulting engineer and she has a client in your area and was meeting them for breakfast there this morning. I saw her photos on Facebook and somehow remembered the name of your cafe and put two and two together. I asked her if she saw you, and said she did notice a veteran having coffee this morning and thought it might be you. She said she even said hello and good morning to the gentleman, and I thought, "My niece just met Stig!" How cool would THAT have been?

Anyway, at least she was in the RIGHT PLACE. Just at the WRONG TIME. But now the secret's out and I know where to find you. If you ever see an ADV 150 sitting out front early one morning when you arrive, you'll know who it is...
If she was early, and the 'veteran' had an aircraft carrier hat on , that would be Ed. We just call him "Navy". He's the most regular of the regulars. Nice guy.
There are a number of folks who pop into Dino's  early on work days , hop across Rt. 68 with their car running. He has their coffee ready before they can cross the street. Keeps a card for them. Pay when they have time.
Great story - thanks for sharing.
I'll look for a pretty lady on a Honda.....or you ....I guess😊
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 12:42:19 AM »
If she was early, and the 'veteran' had an aircraft carrier hat on , that would be Ed. We just call him "Navy". He's the most regular of the regulars. Nice guy.
There are a number of folks who pop into Dino's  early on work days , hop across Rt. 68 with their car running. He has their coffee ready before they can cross the street. Keeps a card for them. Pay when they have time.
Great story - thanks for sharing.
I'll look for a pretty lady on a Honda.....or you ....I guess😊
Stig

Yeah, she said she was early. It was probably Ed. When you get home, ask him if he remember seeing a woman with purple hair on Wednesday morning. My niece is a free spirit! She was in the corporate engineering world for years but got tired of it. Finally decided to go out on her own and consult, and seems to be doing quite well with it. She and her husband have no kids, so have more time than most their age to pursue personal interests. She actually just recently purchased a small, teardrop camping trailer and completed a nationwide road trip with her dog, but left the husband at home. From the looks of her FB posts, she had a great time, but she moved too quickly for my taste. I'd want a couple months to do what she did in a couple weeks.

Anyway, that's the story behind the story. And BTW, that's a FINE-LOOKING PIZZA! Feta cheese on there? You don't see that every day, but I'm a feta fan. Must be a Jamaican twist...
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 01:22:14 AM »
That's cool about your niece....😊
I'll ask Ed, but bet he'll say, "which gal with purple hair?!"
This is Yellow Springs - purple ( green, orange, blue - my favorite ) hair is the new brunette here with 20'somethings. Strange - but most (not all) of the village's high school kids aren't visible downtown. 30-35 yrs ago they drove the economy here.
Still, there's enough fresh air here to keep me coming back.
Stig
Ps: yep, Feta. Veggie supreme.  Never seen broccoli on pizza before. We ate out only twice, but struck gold each time!

I'll tell you no lie.
..I will not miss driving  a rental Grande Soccer Mom on these Tail Of The Squirrel  roads!
No sir.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 01:28:46 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 09:31:19 AM »
Sounds like you had a great break Tom, good to hear.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 11:29:34 AM »
Hey Stig, are these photos from YOUR favorite cafe? And were you there this morning? If so, I believe we had an interaction through a relative of mine who was in town.
PA, I spoke with Navy veteran Ed this morning.  He remembered the friendly purple haired girl from the other morning. 😊
small world....sometimes

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 01:18:01 PM »
PA, I spoke with Navy veteran Ed this morning.  He remembered the friendly purple haired girl from the other morning. 😊
small world....sometimes

Stig

That might be as close as we ever come to meeting in person!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()