Author Topic: Do Dealerships Ever Answer Emails?  (Read 337 times)

Togger

• View Profile
Do Dealerships Ever Answer Emails?
« on: June 23, 2021, 08:11:25 PM »
I've sent numerous emails to different dealers online to ask about parts availability and price, and NOT ONCE did a dealer ever return my emails. Is that a problem others have? They really don't seem concerned with customer service. Do I actually have to go in to get decent service?

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: Do Dealerships Ever Answer Emails?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 08:24:21 PM »
I've sent numerous emails to different dealers online to ask about parts availability and price, and NOT ONCE did a dealer ever return my emails. Is that a problem others have? They really don't seem concerned with customer service. Do I actually have to go in to get decent service?
Yep!  Most dealers don't have the staff or time to deal with everything and are operating short handed.  People don't want to work anymore when they can make similar money on unemployment.

If you want service work done  go in the middle of winter when they are not busy.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

jak51

• Northeast Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
I've always found a phone call works better than an email inquiry. This has been the case for about, well, forever.  Not sure why, but phone calls work, where emails don't.  And another good thing about a phone call is that you can ask the parts guy if there are alternatives if the shop doesn't have the exact part in stock.

Jeff

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 11:46:03 AM »
Yep. Phone them.
No one mans the emails any longer.....unless you are making an offer on a "Internet Special Price" scooter or motorcycle.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()