Author Topic: Big Head = Big Helmet  (Read 348 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Big Head = Big Helmet
« on: June 27, 2021, 01:44:45 PM »
Had to go out of country to find a modular (because I wear spectacles), hi viz (because I'm smart) extra, extra, extra large (big head) helmet.
Really wanted to buy local, no dice, or from Revzilla because of their easy return policy & quick shipping, they only go to 2XL.

Also wanted the most hi viz ----100% hi viz if possible.
Had to settle for the most I could find in a modular 3XL.

Unless my head changes shape - this should last me out to my demise - or the Rapture.
Years ago - had to settle for 'Cab' yellow. But Nolan has since introduced a 3XL modular in hi viz .....
Plus I know how Nolan's fit my head size & shape.
It has the flip down sun-glasses thing (which I rarely use), and comes with a PinLock - which I'll install, and the larger sizes get a larger shell (not just thinner padding)
These Nolan's have a very wide field of vision for easy shoulder checks, and are cut low in front for checking my rev's :)

Stig
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 01:52:16 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Big Head = Big Helmet
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 06:53:19 AM »
Stock photos of L size I take it Stig?  So how far afield did you have to go to source the helmet?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 11:48:45 AM »
Stock photos of L size I take it Stig?  So how far afield did you have to go to source the helmet?
Well, might be able to see it if I climb a tree in my yard.....
The Netherlands.
Down around West Virginia, I think that is.
Free shipping. Also, $50 less than prices in USA. They also sell it in some cool colors not offered here.
 Tracking says to look for it in 2-4 days from now.
I've purchased stuff from Holland, France and Germany the past 25 yrs. No worries.
I wouldn't do this if I hadn't worn same style and brand for yrs. Fit should be fine. If not it'll cost me that $50 to return it😊

Kinda strange.....happened to watch . newer youtube of a fellow, crashed
off his bike and being attended to --- wearing this same Nolan helmet!
Stig

Also.... I always thought NOLAN sounded like some guy from New Jersey --- NOT  Italy!
Then....3 yrs ago my oldest son named his new baby boy Nolan! Looking at that boy's noodle....I think he'll be wearing my 3XL Nolans in a few years.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 11:57:39 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 06:50:08 AM »
Good read Gramps! Glad your new bit of kit is getting nearer. Just considering retiring my old IS-17 for the new HJC I bought last Christmas.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 02:10:54 PM »
Tracking shows the helmet left Charles De Gaulle airpot last night and is in Memphis, Tenn this morning!

Not sure why Kymco parts are stuck. I guess, ships are not getting unloaded like airplanes.

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()