Author Topic: agility 16+ 125 2021  (Read 2666 times)

xuraax

• View Profile
Re: agility 16+ 125 2021
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2022, 08:20:00 AM »
I'd take it back to the dealer, explain that it is still happening -  and ask them to keep it until they experience the issues you are experiencing.
I had to do this once with my Kymco dealer.
Stig

@Stig,
It is not as simple as that. Don't forget this issue rears its head very rarely. In the past 4 months it only occurred twice and as before it clears itself in a couple of minutes. Because of this just leaving it the dealer did not solve it because, first of all it hard to diagnose a fault if it is not active, and also it is too easy for him to just say he fixed it even if he does nothing, since it takes months to reappear.

@Ruffus,
I will check the wiring but I am not sure if this will lead to anything since it is such a rare fault which clears itself almost immediately. For me this fault appears to be either time or temperature related but what and where?

Regards

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2022, 11:02:47 AM »
@xuraax, that's why I suggested to do all this "cable testing".

Read rare cases of simply faulty isolation on sparkplug cables and other parts of your harness.

Had an ignition cable with a tiny hole in it, through which it fired towards frame when warmed up, causing similar symptoms like yours.
Changed coil, cable and sparkplug cap, spook gone.
Have to say, was on a non EFI motor.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

xuraax

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2022, 07:53:03 AM »
@xuraax, that's why I suggested to do all this "cable testing".

@Ruffus:  ok. I will certainly look into that.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()