Author Topic: Downtown 350i tcs 2021 model  (Read 1224 times)

Jcdt350tcs

• View Profile
Downtown 350i tcs 2021 model
« on: July 01, 2021, 01:40:11 PM »
I know that this page is meant for dt300 but I can't seem to find a page for dt350 so yeah. I have bought my unit brand new and I am now using it for about 4 months then one day after i finished washing my scoot the brake lights malfunctioned suddenly it was lighting up steadily without dimming down but after the next day it becomes functional again. Already brought it to the dealer and the mechanic suggested to replace the brake switches since the one that was used for the dt350 had no holes to drain the water coming into the brake switch but after replacing it I washed my scoot again then the same problem still occured. What could possibly be the problem? ( the mechanic also cant even tell me what the problem really is) I am currently just covering the parts where water could come in to the brake switch because even during days having weak rain it started to malfunction which is very unsafe luckily my brother (driving a car)  was just behind me when it happened.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Downtown 350i tcs 2021 model
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 02:48:37 PM »
After new switch it is still doing this?

Sounds like it is not the switch. Otherwise every moist 2021 DT would be doing this.
Ask your mechanic to think - "if it's not switch related, what else could I have wet to cause this?"

When it dries - it no longer does this?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 02:55:51 PM »
I know that this page is meant for dt300 but I can't seem to find a page for dt350 so yeah. I have bought my unit brand new and I am now using it for about 4 months then one day after i finished washing my scoot the brake lights malfunctioned suddenly it was lighting up steadily without dimming down but after the next day it becomes functional again. Already brought it to the dealer and the mechanic suggested to replace the brake switches since the one that was used for the dt350 had no holes to drain the water coming into the brake switch but after replacing it I washed my scoot again then the same problem still occured. What could possibly be the problem? ( the mechanic also cant even tell me what the problem really is) I am currently just covering the parts where water could come in to the brake switch because even during days having weak rain it started to malfunction which is very unsafe luckily my brother (driving a car)  was just behind me when it happened.

I had the same issue after washing. You need to avoid aiming the hose at the front mudguard. Water bounces of the front mudguard and into the electrical connectors behind the windshield. There is a green electrical connector that turns on the brakelight when it accidently gets wet as water conducts electricity and shorts out the connector pins. There is also a green connector under the seat where the hazard light control box is. Spray them with WD-40 to protect them.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 03:27:54 PM »
Power Washer?

Jcdt350tcs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 02:32:42 AM »
Power Washer?
Just a water hose never tried using power washer because I tried to avoid hitting parts where water isn't suppose to be going through yet I am still having issues just by using the water hose hahaha

Jcdt350tcs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 02:36:45 AM »
I had the same issue after washing. You need to avoid aiming the hose at the front mudguard. Water bounces of the front mudguard and into the electrical connectors behind the windshield. There is a green electrical connector that turns on the brakelight when it accidently gets wet as water conducts electricity and shorts out the connector pins. There is also a green connector under the seat where the hazard light control box is. Spray them with WD-40 to protect them.
I see. So there really is no long term solution for this problem? It seems like this is just an isolated case since all other users of the dt350 2021 that I asked from our fb page never encountered the same problem as me

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 09:20:44 AM »
I see. So there really is no long term solution for this problem? It seems like this is just an isolated case since all other users of the dt350 2021 that I asked from our fb page never encountered the same problem as me

There is no long term solution since Kymco decided to use generic non-waterproof connectors. You can fill the holes around the connectors with dielectric grease to make them water resistant.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

Jcdt350tcs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 10:17:51 AM »
There is no long term solution since Kymco decided to use generic non-waterproof connectors. You can fill the holes around the connectors with dielectric grease to make them water resistant.
Thank you for the suggestion I'll find some grease to cover around the gaps.
I'll try to ask the mechanic if it is possible to replace them with better quality connectors and just rewire it but it seems a very expensive solution though.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()