Author Topic: Scooteristi smile, big Bore Guys don't....  (Read 745 times)

Ruffus

• View Profile
Scooteristi smile, big Bore Guys don't....
« on: July 04, 2021, 07:30:55 PM »
Beautiful Sunday here in northern Italy,
so it's nearly mandatory to have a scooter ride for Caffè and some dolci.
Arrived at my favorite pasticceria, a herd of Milwaukee Iron Riders hanging out there. Man, where they cool! All gals and guys about my age, guys shoulderlenght hair, goaties, bit greyish but on top more skin-colored. Gals dressed to kill with HD batches, neckerchiefs, black leathers, chapter sleeveless...wooouw
But none of them laughed, even smiled. Okay, maybe it's their chapter code, not to smile openly?
Then we scooteristi took our coffees and sweets, and of course we are a funny bunch and are able to laugh heartely about ourselves.
Oh my oh my, we got glances.
So it's clear for me. HD riders don't smile, but scooteristi laugh.😊😊😊
Have a wonderful July 4th. all of you.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 07:40:01 PM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: Scooteristi smile, big Bore Guys don't....
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 08:07:21 PM »
Ruffus the last Romeo ride I parked next to a Harley V-Rod. Talking to the rider he said Harley riders don't consider it a Harley because it's water cooled.

I know Romeo riders don't care what you ride. My scooter got a lot of attention despite a parking lot full of new machines.  I seen a lot of new  Can-Am Spiders (3 wheel motorcycle ).  I don't know why some  Harley riders act the way they do. Maybe it's my age but I don't give a dang what others think.  I just enjoy riding and the camaraderie.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 09:33:47 PM »
Most harley riders don't buy a motorcycle, they buy a lifestyle. It's sold to them. They are brainwashed with it embedded very deeply in their mentality. It's like cancer in that it doesn't matter what station in life they come from or how old they are or how much money they have or not. It's not racist, nor political, nor religious other than that it is itself a race, political party, and religion all at once. I've personally witnessed marriages broken up over it and friendships lost because of it and people totally changed from who I thought they were. It is by evidence clearly displayed a cult by the very definition of a cult.

At least that's my personal observations of being a harley rider. I had a very small taste of it with my very first bike, which was a very small harley dual sport. Then I was cured. Over the years I found my way to the single most comfortable touring bike ever made... a super scooter. And the most fun local ride to be found... a smaller scooter.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 03:44:25 PM »
Most harley riders don't buy a motorcycle, they buy a lifestyle. It's sold to them. They are brainwashed with it embedded very deeply in their mentality. It's like cancer in that it doesn't matter what station in life they come from or how old they are or how much money they have or not. It's not racist, nor political, nor religious other than that it is itself a race, political party, and religion all at once. I've personally witnessed marriages broken up over it and friendships lost because of it and people totally changed from who I thought they were. It is by evidence clearly displayed a cult by the very definition of a cult.

Bob, you took the words right out of my mouth!  On Stateside holidays I've ridden 000's of miles on Harleys, but NEVER been tempted to own one.  Why?  I wouldn't want to be identified with your archetypal Harley owner!  (Plus IMO in general they are an agricultural poor-performing piece of machinery - there I've said it out loud.)
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 05:44:19 PM »
The funny thing is Harley Riders rejoiced in the fact it was a American product. When Harley started outsourcing and building overseas it caused a lot of loyalists to rethink their position.  I beleive BMW owns controlling interest in Harley now. Times are a changing.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 08:34:51 AM »
The funny thing is Harley Riders rejoiced in the fact it was a American product. When Harley started outsourcing and building overseas it caused a lot of loyalists to rethink their position.  I beleive BMW owns controlling interest in Harley now. Times are a changing.

Hence the better HD models latterly?...
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 11:58:57 AM »
My youngest son's girlfriend's dad ride a Harley. Seems like quite a nice guy. Often rides it 125 miles a day to construction sites as a large crane operator.
My son rides an R6, so he's OK.
At a cookout the girl mentioned to her dad that "Matt's father rides a scooter."
I saw the look which passed between her father and mother...."and he still produced 6 children??"
Maybe my imagination.. ...
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2021, 04:57:18 PM »
😂
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()