Author Topic: NSR: strangest youtube I've ever watched....  (Read 462 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
NSR: strangest youtube I've ever watched....
« on: July 22, 2021, 03:32:12 PM »

Mine went through a medic tour in Vietnam, too - but wasn't buried and left there..colored enameling long gone though.

Used to look like this...

Stig
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 03:38:53 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: NSR: strangest youtube I've ever watched....
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 10:05:22 AM »
You're right Tom!  I've just watched it and kept wondering how much $ his time cost on a $20 item?  OK I can see the point, given it was an item with the history it has, but no way to make a living?  Will the # of hits the video gets pay for the time or is he on a retainer from Zippo?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 01:46:57 PM »
You're right Tom!  I've just watched it and kept wondering how much $ his time cost on a $20 item?  OK I can see the point, given it was an item with the history it has, but no way to make a living?  Will the # of hits the video gets pay for the time or is he on a retainer from Zippo?
I've heard that Zippo will fix my lighter....maybe free?
But I don't want anyone messing with it - besides, I no longer smoke and so it'll be a curiosity for a grand kid some day when they open that cigar box with strange old medals and bandage scissors.

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 01:52:37 PM »
Watched many utubes on how to do stuff only to find the "stuff" had been changed so the instruction was no longer valid and as always, at least one crucial step had not been included!

A restoration like this looks really hopeless in the beginning. When finished is surprising. Where it was found is greater testimony than the restoration. I just pray its original owner survived better than the artifact. Pray also the owners marbles remained intact and few or no "boogey men" in residence to haunt him.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 10:44:54 AM »
I just pray its original owner survived better than the artifact. Pray also the owners marbles remained intact and few or no "boogey men" in residence to haunt him.

And so say us all!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()