Author Topic: Are there times or places you will never ride your scooter?  (Read 1288 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: Are there times or places you will never ride your scooter?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 04:20:07 AM »
“love riding on smooth 2 lane in mid morning to mid afternoon...the occasional after dinner ride - but I need to wait later in the evening as the setting sun in your eyes can be brutal!”

Reminds me of my youth Hawk, commuting for six months and riding east into the sunrise in the mornings and west into the sunset after work.  As you say, brutal. And all those missed photo opportunities!
You too, In my youth had a job with Coleman for a very short time in Wichita.  I drove into the sun going to work and into the sun going home.  The pay sucked and working conditions were horrible so I found another job.

I worked shift work most of my life until I retired.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2021, 10:13:22 AM »
Had a nice reminder of those work commutes yesterday KK.  I do a bit of volunteering for the old employer and was called into County HQ yesterday for a bit of training.  OK weather so I decided to take the scooter for the trip which in itself would be all the excuse needed for a ride, but the icing on the cake is that they paid my travelling expenses so effectively I was being paid to ride my scooter!  Win win.  Rain held off and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride out & back as it's the furthest I've been in a while.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2021, 12:00:22 PM »
Neil training ,that's one thing about work I don't miss.  We were required to take close to a 100 CBT's courses a year plus monthly safty meetings you couldn’t miss even if it was your day off or vacation.  We had to take safe driving twice a year (Smith driving course)along with driving with a instructor.  We had fire training once a year where we would spend the day putting out fires along with training. Then medical training, first aid, CPR and keep your certification each year.  We had a host of other training as well and I don't miss it a bit.
 What is funny is I was in a secured locked control room which I could not leave for my 12 hr shift.  Since I could not leave the control room and never drove a company vechicle most of the training was not applicable to me, was required anyway.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2021, 03:16:54 PM »
Neil training ,that's one thing about work I don't miss.  We were required to take close to a 100 CBT's courses a year plus monthly safty meetings you couldn’t miss even if it was your day off or vacation.  We had to take safe driving twice a year (Smith driving course)along with driving with a instructor.  We had fire training once a year where we would spend the day putting out fires along with training. Then medical training, first aid, CPR and keep your certification each year.  We had a host of other training as well and I don't miss it a bit.
 What is funny is I was in a secured locked control room which I could not leave for my 12 hr shift.  Since I could not leave the control room and never drove a company vechicle most of the training was not applicable to me, was required anyway.
Memorablest (that's maybe a word) training session:

How to deliver a baby on newspaper on a ping-pong table in the basement with flashlights during a nuclear attack by (USSR, Canada, Kentucky, etc. ?)
Actual 1960's Army  medic training film in color - with a real female volunteer (the kid probably signed some wavers, too) and a couple of doctors who pretended to be soldiers. We had a boy!
The build-up to this day of training was exciting....and the film was very educational.... for those of us who managed to stay to the end! ....Like watching my first youtube belt change on a scooter, or checking the valves!

Stig

When our first child was due - I took my wife shopping for ping-pong tables at Sears.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 03:21:44 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2021, 04:46:41 PM »
Stig remind me never to play Funny Story Top Trumps with you!  Fool's errand.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()