Author Topic: Got hit  (Read 2202 times)

cindypd

• View Profile
Got hit
« on: August 02, 2008, 04:44:19 PM »
Hello just joined today after finding this site. I sold my Vstar several months ago because of getting a little older and wanted something lighter but did not want to stop riding. I just wanted something a easyer to handle I shopped around and bought a new People 150 LOVED IT!!! Road it every day to work and short trips. Road with a Green day glow vest also, because I felt a bit smaller on the road after many many years of riding a loud Motorcycle. As I was turning into my driveway I got hit from behind by a lady who says  she droped her map inthe floor board and bent down to pick it up and hit me! Wow after all the years of riding I never wooried about being hit from behind, allways thought it would be some one pulling out infront of me. Well long story longer, Sevear concussion, dislocated shoulder,  bruised everthing, out of work and waiting on what the Drs. deside. Now my real Questions. I do NOT want to stop ridding but what do you think I can do to make me MUCH more visible when I ride again? Another Green vest, Flags, lights, What do you think?? NEXT, It will be a while but I like the looks of the new Kymco 2009 Super 8 150cc. What do you think of it and compared to the People 150. Thanks for any and all help on both issues.
 Cindy

OldGuy

• View Profile
Re: Got hit
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:42:13 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Hope everything will be okay for you.

One piece of advice. If you have not already done so, get a good accident attorney. Do not even talk to her insurance company without one. Hope I'm not to late. I don't normally like lawyers, but this is one time you don't want to be without one. Trust me.
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
Hope you recover quickly.  In this case, with the driver pre-occupied with the map, I'm not sure there is anything that would have helped you!  Some items that have been mentioned on this forum that may help are a modulating headlight (if legal) and replacing bulbs of the turn signals, etc. with LEDs.  Also, if you install a trunk that has a brake/running light and turn signals on it, you might be more visible.  Hope you're back on the road soon!

mitchedwards

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 01:35:24 PM »
YOu did everything you could to make yourselvf visible.  If the driver is no looking at the road tehre is nothing you can do. 

I too bought the dayglow yellow vest to wear wen I ride.

Hope you get better soon.

Mitch

kawzak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 02:34:26 AM »
Sounds to me that unless you have eyes in back of your head, you couldn't have done any thing else. I was ran over many years ago, I pretend I'am invisable and try to predict what drivers would do- but getting hit from behind is a little different and with no warning signs. I hope you get well soon, and start riding again.

CelticCross

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 11:14:20 PM »
Cindy,

Nothing you can do about inattentive drivers - especially those who are reading a map while driving. Rest up and make the most of your time in PT. I've gone through it for both shoulders in the last two years.

Regarding the Super 8 vs. the P150: you are pitting two Kymco scoots against each other. I prefer the look of the P150 but have heard nothing but good words for the Super 8. Buy the one you like.

cindypd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 09:04:29 PM »
Thanks for all the well wishes!!
Cindy

walkguru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 07:51:56 PM »
sorry about your accedent. i always watch people behind me. but some times it just happens.
hey, hey, hey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()