Author Topic: My N320  (Read 960 times)

Dragonh

• View Profile
My N320
« on: August 12, 2021, 09:18:26 AM »
Hi guys.. Thanks for the add.
Here is my 2018 Nikita(Downtown) 200 with a Full engine upgrade to the DT350.. I even installed the DT radiator as it's bigger than the Nikita(Downtown) and I live in Taiwan where the weather is bloody hot and humid. I also installed headlights LED sequential  strips as well as lower switchback fogs and lower side white leds.
I also custom installed the AK550 exhaust.. Sounds badass. Let me know what you all think!
Hope to do some more clearer pics.. Been raining solid for a week here.
Cheers,
The dragon
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 01:49:21 AM by Dragonh »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: My N320
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 10:35:03 AM »
Hot rod! Where in Taiwan?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Dragonh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 11:28:55 AM »
Hot rod! Where in Taiwan?
HI, New Taipei City.. U been to Taiwan?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 12:49:50 PM »
So, if the Nikita is the same scooter as a Downtown .....then I would think there would be a lot more Asian accessories found for the Downtown if "Nikita" was searched?

I found that to be true with my Honda Forza - which is Asia went by "NSS300".

Was it 'plug & play' to drop a 350 engine into a 200 scooter?
As for the sound of a 550 muffler installed on a 350 engine - a youtube might be interesting....and wouldn't that play heck with the EFI control?!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 01:00:07 PM »
Many times. Taipei City book vendors educated me about ship navigation while waiting for my next ship and job as Navigator. Mongolian barbecue on top of some hotel restaurant....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Dragonh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 01:19:45 PM »
So, if the Nikita is the same scooter as a Downtown .....then I would think there would be a lot more Asian accessories found for the Downtown if "Nikita" was searched?

I found that to be true with my Honda Forza - which is Asia went by "NSS300".

Was it 'plug & play' to drop a 350 engine into a 200 scooter?
As for the sound of a 550 muffler installed on a 350 engine - a youtube might be interesting....and wouldn't that play heck with the EFI control?!
Stig

Hi Stig.. Yes it's called the Nikita in Asia and Downtown in Other countries.. I also had a Forza which is called a NSS300 here and they aren't cheap compared to the Nikita 300.
Abt the upgrade engine.. The case for the 200/300 and DT is the same so everything went it smoothly.. Piston, Cylinderhead, crank and all other parts.. Upgraded DT fuel pump, DT radiator which is much bigger than the 300 which also had to be modified to fit. Ceramic coated as well to keep it cooler. Upgraded all water hoses to silicon. The only prob prob was the ECU as the Nikita 300 one is not adjustable so scooter would stutter from 1500-4000 RPM due to fuel/sir probs.. Had to get an aftermarket ECU and tune it that way... Now it's a rocket. Lol.. The AK550 was custom built to fit my Nikita so mods to the pipe angle and brackets were needed.. The exhaust gives a nice sound and punch.. Only abt 4 people I know here have done this due to cost.. Etc but I don't give a monkey's! Looks and sounds badass.. Hit me up on FB as it's easier to chat there. My name is Sohail Roshan... Profile Pic is my Supercharged FX35 open engine bay. can send more pics and stuff that way if u want.
Regards
Many times. Taipei City book vendors educated me about ship navigation while waiting for my next ship and job as Navigator. Mongolian barbecue on top of some hotel restaurant....

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 05:03:55 PM »
Very interesting Dragonh!

The things which are possible (and maybe even easy and common) in Taiwan, to do with scooters of all sizes and small displacement motorbikes is amazing to contemplate for an American :)
Here in the USA the vast majority of us owners have no access to the skills, expertise and parts needed to do modifications to our scooters. Your streets seem to be filled with such shops!

Generic loud/pipes, rollers and CVT parts are pretty much the extent of our parts - before we start changing out bulbs for LEDs and bolting on milk crates - and stringing Xmas lights about.
Kymco/USA, especially, offers no accessories for their models. But then Honda and Suzuki are no better.
Only Vespa/Piaggio owners here have much of a choice of (expensive!) factory and aftermarket accessories.....and skilled Vespa dealers are few and far apart.

Many of us have long wished we could transport the Asian scooter world to N. America, but we understand that we are weird and rare to own a scooter here.
Can't blame manufacturers for pretty much ignoring such a miniscule market, here. Most of us feel lucky to have found a way to own and ride a scooter in this country. 
I don't do facebook - but if you'd like to post links to youtubes, or post photos here - it would be nice!

Ride safe!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Dragonh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 01:47:34 AM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()