Author Topic: Third annual Maggie Valley "Beat the Heat" Scooter Gathering  (Read 1311 times)

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Third annual Maggie Valley "Beat the Heat" Scooter Gathering
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2021, 10:25:36 AM »
Stunning photos as ever Klav, thanks for posting.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Ball Four

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 01:54:14 AM »
Klav - I just saw your post over on ADV Rider...wow..over 17,000 views, 22 pages and 400+ replies! Now THAT'S an active forum!!
[/quote

My ride report thread has over 441,000 views, 257 pages and 5,134 replies.  A lot of those replies and views came from people who where on some of the rides in the thread.  Many of the people who participate in my threads are more than just internet strangers.  I may have met them through the internet but now they are friends who I have met in person and ridden with.

Am sorry I missed this years event. If any of you folks would like some company on the BRP, let me know. I'm older - ride conservatively - Kymco 550 AK.

Thanks.

Ball Four

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2021, 06:28:28 PM »
Am sorry I missed this years event. If any of you folks would like some company on the BRP, let me know. I'm older - ride conservatively - Kymco 550 AK.

Thanks.

It seems my prescription for correct reading isn't working. It appears I haven't missed this year's event. Really looking forward to meeting new folks at MV.

Ride safe ya'll.

Danny

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2021, 07:54:31 PM »
It seems my prescription for correct reading isn't working. It appears I haven't missed this year's event. Really looking forward to meeting new folks at MV.

Ride safe ya'll.

Danny

You did miss this year's event but there is another scooter event organized on Modern Vespa in a couple of weeks in Maggie Valley.  Maggie Valley is an awesome place to ride out of.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Ball Four

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2021, 10:40:47 PM »
You did miss this year's event but there is another scooter event organized on Modern Vespa in a couple of weeks in Maggie Valley.  Maggie Valley is an awesome place to ride out of.

OK......thanks for the correction and heads up. I may still ride over there...see if they'll have me.  8)

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2021, 01:17:33 AM »
OK......thanks for the correction and heads up. I may still ride over there...see if they'll have me.  8)

I think they are staying at the Creekside Lodge.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()