Author Topic: Radiator Cap Compartment  (Read 1580 times)

nfitch

• View Profile
Radiator Cap Compartment
« on: August 21, 2021, 05:11:46 PM »
Hi,
I haven’t ridden my 2011 People 300i scooter for a few months. Just today, I noticed that there had been a new leak coming from the Radiator Cap Compartment (on left side, near my left knee, and slightly above floorboard).  Without trying to start the scooter, I tried to unscrew the Compartment’s cover but was unable to remove it. I live in Texas where it’s pretty darn hot but haven’t had issues with it overheating or anything (when I was riding it with more regularity). Basically, any recommendations on what may have caused the leak (again, likely happened while sitting for about two months)? Also, any recommendations for next steps? I can do some basic repairs but nothing too intense. Thank you all in advance.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Radiator Cap Compartment
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 06:47:00 PM »
Hi,
I haven’t ridden my 2011 People 300i scooter for a few months. Just today, I noticed that there had been a new leak coming from the Radiator Cap Compartment (on left side, near my left knee, and slightly above floorboard).  Without trying to start the scooter, I tried to unscrew the Compartment’s cover but was unable to remove it. I live in Texas where it’s pretty darn hot but haven’t had issues with it overheating or anything (when I was riding it with more regularity). Basically, any recommendations on what may have caused the leak (again, likely happened while sitting for about two months)? Also, any recommendations for next steps? I can do some basic repairs but nothing too intense. Thank you all in advance.
Depends on how big the leak is and from where. Ten year old machine in (south?) Texas could produce some bad hoses and tubing.

What kind of gasoline in the tank and system? (Ethanol or non-ethanol)

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Yellow Jacket

• View Profile
Re: Radiator Cap Compartment
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 08:49:08 PM »
Are you saying you cannot remove that screw or you can't get the cover off after removing the screw?
Scooter owned in the past, Honda Aero 125, '87 Elite 150 (2), '87 & '90 250 Elite, Yamaha 200, (2), 400 Majesty, Aprilia  Atlantic 500, Piaggio BV250,SYM HD200,  Kymco Yager GT200
Current ride, Kymco GTi 300

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()