Author Topic: Scooter Carrier & Ramp Transport ...  (Read 672 times)

The Doctor

• View Profile
Scooter Carrier & Ramp Transport ...
« on: August 29, 2021, 06:48:38 PM »
Needed a Carrier (with a ramp) -  did a lot of research (I looked at all of them on Discount Ramp & Black Widow, etc.

There are lighter units out there but with the smaller wheels of a Scooter & the fact* our cvt case, etc sits so low & all the plastics can get damaged -  this is my two part solution:

1. 600 lb capacity Carrier & Ramp

https://wmastore.com/product/600-lb-hitch-mount-motorcycle-hitch-carrier-am600c/

I modified my unit by bringing the wheel loop that stops forward travel of the bike, back a few inches - this keeps the profile as narrow as the truck at 79 inches by drilling two simple holes moving the loop about 3-4 inches back.

2. Scooter Bar Harness - available at all retailers- these are used by almost all tow truck companies as they protect the bodywork by extending the tie down points evenly across the bars & out. Moreover, attaching a tie down to either grip damages the Grips & risks losing the bike altogether.

You still need a 4 pack of tie downs but this is indestructible.

http://www.canyondancer.com/canyondancerbarharness2

3. And you need a 2" inch tow hitch, usually found on some cars, most pickups & vans.

*you can buy the cheaper, nastier versions that don't utilize a flat continuous surface Carrier & what happens is that it's very difficult to push on & off a Scooter in between the rod spaces, the rod spaces are usually too wide for a Scooter & the wheels fall in the holes & damage the cvt & body components, etc.

I physically went to the store, bought the unit for $300 & installed it outside the business in the City of Santa Ana - talk to Oscar by phone or email, very helpful indeed

« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 06:56:30 PM by The Doctor »
50 plus years of riding many bikes but my interest here is a near new used 2018 200i which ran like a Dog but now is improving every tank of gas & AIR PRESSURE corrected ...

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Scooter Carrier & Ramp Transport ...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 07:05:18 PM »
pretty slick looking carrier...good looking scoot, too!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()