Author Topic: Headlight  (Read 424 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Headlight
« on: September 19, 2021, 12:15:33 PM »
    I just bought a new 2021 X-Town 300i ABS. I want to upgrade the headlight. I have Sylvania ZXE bulbs in my cars, and are happy with them. They would fit right in my 300 (H4 bulbs) with no problem, but are 55w rather than the factory 35w. Will they run too hot or draw too much on the electrical system. The other option would be LEDS. I would prefer these, but the options are limitless, and I want good quality. Can anyone recommend good h4 bulbs for my 300?
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

john grinsel

• View Profile
Re: Headlight
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 02:13:40 PM »
What is wrong with the bulbs/lighting it came with?  Based on my experience with new XTown run it 10,000 miles or so before you monkey, there is a reason it was designed the way it is....and works well, so ride it.

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 10:18:26 PM »
What is wrong with the bulbs/lighting it came with?  Based on my experience with new XTown run it 10,000 miles or so before you monkey, there is a reason it was designed the way it is....and works well, so ride it.

I'm 77 years old. I ride a lot of back roads at night. There are plenty of deer in my area. If there is a brighter light available to light up the road, I would like it!
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 11:00:27 PM »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Paco

• Northern California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 12:42:30 PM »

I'm 77 years old. I ride a lot of back roads at night. There are plenty of deer in my area. If there is a brighter light available to light up the road, I would like it!

This guy in the Philippines has PIAA lights installed on his X-town.

I messaged him to find out what model so I could check availability, but no reply so far. They are mounted on the fairing, where his mirrors are bolted. IMHO, the stock headlights on the X-town are too weak for anything above 45 mph at night, especially given how bright the dash is in the dark. Another option I considered is bicycle headlights rechargeable by USB.
Gonna have to dig through the PIAA catalog.
2019 Kymco X-Town 300i

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 02:35:54 PM »
I am 82---Xtown lights properly adjusted worked well for me.  Secret in Deer country=slow down. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()