Author Topic: slight accident also this autumn  (Read 1565 times)

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
slight accident also this autumn
« on: September 20, 2021, 11:52:47 AM »
Last autumn a slippery tram rail did its job and I falled, scooter damaged a bit and no person damage as xray showed.
 Yesterday a van hit me when leaving gas station, and I was crossing zebra crossing in front of stations parking lot. Van stopped, but then suddenly came on me and I falled down.
Three months one day and 3800 km with new used Like50 very well kept, now down first time. f***ing hell indeed. Scrathes right side, passenger food step broken also, something from front makes noice when driving pit.
Called police, one guy saw the crash luckily, police, I and the witness thinks its vans fault, so its from his injurance. I want the helmet also.
Came just home from doctor/xray, everything is good, small aches here and there will past.
Just want the scooter back to shape that it was, lets see what happens, back to that almost perfect OEM shape.
Seeking used Kymco moped scooter

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: slight accident also this autumn
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 12:37:14 PM »
sorry to hear about the accident but glad you are ok! I hope you get your scooter fixed up as good as new.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 01:04:31 PM »
That sucks Like 50,  greatfull you were not seriously hurt.   You definitely have to be a defensive rider.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 09:50:31 PM »
So sorry to hear this. Keep posting progress, please!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 11:34:17 PM »
Heck there fellow LIKE rider!
Sorry to read that you both took a hit - just glad you are mostly OK....maybe more aching tomorrow?
They come at us from all sides sometimes.
Please post what happens to you and your pretty red LIKE!
Take care,
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 02:54:23 AM »
Hopefully the insurance company buys you a new Like  50 and helmet.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 10:55:56 AM »
Whoa!  Another tumble, but so glad to read you're (mostly) OK.  I hope the van's insurers are quick to settle and to your full satisfaction regarding both the Like and your helmet.  As KK says, we have to ride defensively with the mindset that those B@st@rds are all out to get us!  Hope you're soon mended.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 06:41:46 AM »
Thanks guys.
What we have good is, scooter is driveable, my aches goes away in few days, doctor/xray did their job with lady fortuna more than you can ask. Did also note about accident to my own injurance company in time, next day, just to let them know. I have police report and witness I trust.
What we have in prodress is, waiting for van drivers act, It can be anything, as we all know about life, but possibility to smooth case between injurance companies business as usual. I think I wait a week for his responce before I act myself more. Also in progress is picking those Nurnberg bratwurst I was on my way, that is holy matter and needs to be fixed asap, maybe today in 12 celsius and sunny nice autumn day, perfect for slow scootering nearby.
Stay visible, mind the fellow mumblers in traffic, cheers.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 09:51:42 AM »
Thanks guys.
What we have good is, scooter is driveable, my aches goes away in few days, doctor/xray did their job with lady fortuna more than you can ask. Did also note about accident to my own injurance company in time, next day, just to let them know. I have police report and witness I trust.
What we have in prodress is, waiting for van drivers act, It can be anything, as we all know about life, but possibility to smooth case between injurance companies business as usual. I think I wait a week for his responce before I act myself more. Also in progress is picking those Nurnberg bratwurst I was on my way, that is holy matter and needs to be fixed asap, maybe today in 12 celsius and sunny nice autumn day, perfect for slow scootering nearby.
Stay visible, mind the fellow mumblers in traffic, cheers.
I don't know about Finland's Insurance companies but my insurance company will deal with the other drivers insurance if I can't get a satisfactory response.

A lot of times a insurance company will total a vehicle to avoid future liability.  If this happens you can usually buy it back from them for little money.

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 03:10:38 AM »
Glad you're okay. Parts can be replaced on bikes human lives cannot. One thing I do to increase my safety and to be seen on the road is where neon vest as well as a Red bicycle strobe on my helmet. I have almost been hit several times, unfortunately nowadays people are just too distracted or just don't care about a scooter drivers always make yourself known on the road and drive defensively.

This is the helmet strobe that I recently purchased it has three modes steady flashing and left and right flashing it really helps to alert other drivers that are distracted.

VERSATTA LED Motorcycle Helmet Light, Bike Bicycle Rear Red Safety Light, Helmet Light, Warning Tail Lights, Helmet Light for Night Riding with USB Chargeable Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092RJV1NG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_2YTXRJYSP0B2YYX1SX7C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

In addition to the strobe light you might want to consider getting yourself a neon vest they're pretty cheap and can make you be seen even more.

JKSafety 9 Pockets Class 2 High Visibility Zipper Front Safety Vest With Reflective Strips, Yellow Meets ANSI/ISEA Standards (Medium) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRVX4FS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_1M27GG2SEDV6SH8Y41H7
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 03:24:13 AM by aschrauth »
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 08:18:10 AM »
I use this vest time to time, when it fits on top of clothing, with warm suit its too small:
 https://www.motonet.fi/fi/tuote/512009/Aikuisten-huomioliivi-vetoketjulla-koot-S-XL?
Strobe to helmet is new thing at this village, must be checked, thanks.
 Got just SMS from my injurance company, they are waiting for van driver company report etc. and police investigation report I didnt add yet to my report, so the co-operation seems to be possible when needed.
I can wait.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 02:48:43 PM »
I use this vest time to time, when it fits on top of clothing, with warm suit its too small:
 https://www.motonet.fi/fi/tuote/512009/Aikuisten-huomioliivi-vetoketjulla-koot-S-XL?
 Got just SMS from my injurance company, they are waiting for van driver company report etc. and police investigation report I didnt add yet to my report, so the co-operation seems to be possible when needed.
I can wait.
Glad to hear they are making progress although slowly.  I hope it's a satisfactory outcome.

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 03:42:26 PM »
I can wait.

Glad to see they are working on it. Insurance companies are some of the slowest people on planet earth to deal with. Keep us informed.
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2021, 08:55:37 AM »
Got a SMS today from my insurance company, shortly find a workshop, bill to be paid for vandriver insurance.
Two weeks now from crasch, fast enough for me. They pay also for days that scooter is not in use when fixing, I didnt know that and dont yet know how much that will be.
 Got some possibilities for repairation, need to simply go and ask next week. In this capital area sure will find one.
Gotta ask for the helmet too.
Fellows, safe riding everyone on this beautiful autumn time, cheers.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2021, 12:47:45 PM »
Got a SMS today from my insurance company, shortly find a workshop, bill to be paid for vandriver insurance.
Two weeks now from crasch, fast enough for me. They pay also for days that scooter is not in use when fixing, I didnt know that and dont yet know how much that will be.
 Got some possibilities for repairation, need to simply go and ask next week. In this capital area sure will find one.
Gotta ask for the helmet too.
Fellows, safe riding everyone on this beautiful autumn time, cheers.
Glad to hear it's going to be taken care of.  It did surprise me they didn't total the scooter.  Where I live they total the scooter/motorcycle for minor damage and usually you have a chance to buy it but it back for very little money.  The insurance companies are afraid of the liability of a damaged machine .

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()