Author Topic: slight accident also this autumn  (Read 1561 times)

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
Re: slight accident also this autumn
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 02:07:36 PM »
Got some time today and I drove to garage, that they recommend on fb finnish scooter side, https://www.bikeworld.fi/myymalat-aukioloajat/bike-world-vantaa
 They dont do Kymcos at all, but recommended moposport.fi near there, as a Kymco dealer. So I went there.
Guy at the service desk keeps repeating about problems getting parts, covid19 and so on...told me to go to tuusmotor.fi, a Kymco dealer from 75 minutes from my home, and if they dont do then come back here and start the progress. I did not start arguing at the place, because this guy was a zero, or a bit below.
Mailed to Tuusmotor, see if they will reply, maybe next week. Also put a message to injurance company what is happening and how to get a helmet.
No rush and nice autumn day for a ride with a meet with a clown. Leafs all around the streets so lets be careful out there (Michael Conrads voice).
 EDIT 19.10. Mailed to skootterihuolto.com and got quick respond. Yesterday went there, progress started and should get estimation about the cost in this week as he said. Good enough. Others hasnt bother to reply anything.
EDIT 25.10. The promised email has not yet arrived, will wait for couple more extra days before contact by phone. Tuusmotor replied my email in a week, telling it has been lost among other messages, is the situation still up. Didnt reply.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:19:18 AM by Like50 »
Seeking used Kymco moped scooter

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 03:09:06 PM »
Otsikko kertoo jotain onnettomuudesta. Kerro toki. Vai olenko missannut sen toisessa viestissä?

Anna anteeksi tietämättömyyteni. Käyttäen Google kääntäjää.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 03:24:51 PM »
Otsikko kertoo jotain onnettomuudesta. Kerro toki. Vai olenko missannut sen toisessa viestissä?

Anna anteeksi tietämättömyyteni. Käyttäen Google kääntäjää.

No prob. Check the first side here: https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=31676.0

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 06:33:10 PM »
Unohdan katsoa foorumin sivun yläreunasta, että siellä on useampi kuin yksi sivu!
Kiitos.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2021, 04:29:22 PM »
Status update:
Estimation made last week, send to injurance company, not for me asked five times now he says check the spambox of your mail. Dunno why.
Helmet: they asked mark, model, year and price few days ago, told them now waiting reply also for that. Seems, it takes time to communicate via emails only. Will not use phone to mess things from written.
So, waiting now for injurance company reply, something correct can happen next week maybe, or not. Five weeks from the crash now.
It might be spring when this is done, I dont mind anymore at this age.

EDIT 28.10. Copy from the estimation arrived finally via email by its maker. Parts 900 plus job 600 makes it 1500 in euros currency. Maybe I will negociate some money, take them and run. But how much is enough, lets see. Definetly not more than the resell price, that is less than 1 t €.
 Things are moving forward, good.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 05:25:24 AM by Like50 »

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2021, 04:50:11 PM »
Last autumn a slippery tram rail did its job and I falled, scooter damaged a bit and no person damage as xray showed.
 Yesterday a van hit me when leaving gas station, and I was crossing zebra crossing in front of stations parking lot. Van stopped, but then suddenly came on me and I falled down.
Three months one day and 3800 km with new used Like50 very well kept, now down first time. f***ing hell indeed. Scrathes right side, passenger food step broken also, something from front makes noice when driving pit.
Called police, one guy saw the crash luckily, police, I and the witness thinks its vans fault, so its from his injurance. I want the helmet also.
Came just home from doctor/xray, everything is good, small aches here and there will past.
Just want the scooter back to shape that it was, lets see what happens, back to that almost perfect OEM shape.

Thats a BUMMER, friend! :( Glad you arent badly hurt though...SURELY they will put your bike into perfect order again and soon. You might want to "make sure" you dont have any soft tissue damage though...those types of injuries are often hard to detect initially and can wind up being huge stacks of cash in the long run :D

Good luck
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2021, 01:50:05 PM »
Update now. After several ask for replying messages for injurance company, I got a message today. Halleluja.
1. The helmet. They pay me 200 € for that. Good enough. Money will arrive in few days to bank account.
2. Scooter. They have not received the estimation about fixing price from skootterihuolto.com, who tells its send around 26.10. via email. I just emailed again the ask to send it, I asked nicely.
3. I make plan B. I will go, if needed, to another garage to make the estimation. Same sh** in different package?
 Summarum: things are moving slowly from my point of view, and I have time, scooter is driveable as said earlier.
Wishing good weekend for fellow forum members.
EDIT 14.11.2021: Need to find new garage to start thing from beginning. Nearby, theres another seller with service, moposport.fi. I will contact them, if they can do the job instead of talking bs. Winter is coming, so it can be that only possibility to drive the scooter there and back is next spring, I just asked for the injurance company what they think about that.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 06:54:33 AM by Like50 »

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2021, 07:53:15 PM »
This case is finally, after almost three months, coming to the end. They will give me money enough, a bit more than I paid, end I will also keep the scooter, so the deal is fair for me finacially.
Scotter is driveable, as mentioned, and will keep on going in use, lets see the fixing when spring comes.
I did not had to run for another garage for estimation, we used the base from the first and only nonsense garage as I have told, and they paid for the estimation 150 € which is totally bullsh**, but not my business though.
So, tomorrow will be + 3 c warm, the ground is not freezing, so I will do test warming drive an hour, just to keep moving and load the battery by driving.
Be safe, happy pre christmas time for all the fellow scooterist. Cheers.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2021, 09:38:00 PM »
This case is finally, after almost three months, coming to the end. They will give me money enough, a bit more than I paid, end I will also keep the scooter, so the deal is fair for me finacially.
Scotter is driveable, as mentioned, and will keep on going in use, lets see the fixing when spring comes.
I did not had to run for another garage for estimation, we used the base from the first and only nonsense garage as I have told, and they paid for the estimation 150 € which is totally bullsh**, but not my business though.
So, tomorrow will be + 3 c warm, the ground is not freezing, so I will do test warming drive an hour, just to keep moving and load the battery by driving.
Be safe, happy pre christmas time for all the fellow scooterist. Cheers.

Wow! What a struggle! Good to hear you and the scoot still moving!

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2021, 04:48:58 PM »
Good news.  You've shown great perseverance!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2022, 02:20:24 PM »
Today a senior gentleman from countryside almost near by, came and bought the scooter, just as we talked on phone when he tried to lower the price without success more than 5 % that I see as normal way when cash. Good deal for both of us, and simple and fast.
I still own a helmet, other went with the buyer with low decent price, so I think I will check web regularly, if I can find something used from senior, NOT teen, owner. Could be Agility 50, Like 50 4stroke etc. with service history.
I am bit sad, because now moving only by car, or bus/tube, when you can not sense the fresh air.
The season is offline now during winter for most of us, so be safe and eat your greens while waiting the warmness to come.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2022, 03:53:45 PM »
During winter can be a buying opportunity to get the best price.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2022, 05:18:32 PM »
During winter can be a buying opportunity to get the best price.
I agree this. Now, when its easy to check the market via internet, I have followed few years year round, for example used moped scooters. IMO, during winter, due to very small market in southern Finland, people do not tell scooters for sale, "because nobody buys them during winter" thinking. So only few buys/sells something, and you must do timing perfectly to get the pearl, -or even anything that is out for sale with sense.
So the market here is small, and there is a possibility to make good deal if timing.
I can do fast if neccessary, and, as said, I am on hold every day.
As I see it, the prices here will go up 10% or more in two months for now, used moped scooters, average.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()