Author Topic: AK550 cruise control options?  (Read 1128 times)

Ball Four

• View Profile
AK550 cruise control options?
« on: October 25, 2021, 11:41:03 PM »
Never had a bike that does so many things perfectly - Interstate, back roads, in town - doesn't matter. The bike is a joy to own and ride Everywhere! Fast, uber-comfortable, quiet, fantastic brakes, good mpg's, the list goes on. Almost perfect. I say almost because there's no cruise control. IMHO, a no-excuse oversight on this bike, what it was designed for, what an owner would reasonably expect.

Asking for CC recommendations, what to purchase so I don't go down the expensive try this, try that route. I'l spend the $ but would like to get it right the first time. If options have already been posted, sorry, I couldn't find but 1 and that 1 wasn't recommended...a bit unsafe actually.

Thanks..much appreciated.

NomadCF

• View Profile
Re: AK550 cruise control options?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 12:21:47 AM »
I haven't seen any real cruise control addon for the AK550 only throttle locks. The slimmest and most natural looking (IMHO) is the Kaoko KYM105 Throttle Lock.

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 04:09:56 AM »
Never had a bike that does so many things perfectly - Interstate, back roads, in town - doesn't matter. The bike is a joy to own and ride Everywhere! Fast, uber-comfortable, quiet, fantastic brakes, good mpg's, the list goes on. Almost perfect. I say almost because there's no cruise control. IMHO, a no-excuse oversight on this bike, what it was designed for, what an owner would reasonably expect.

Asking for CC recommendations, what to purchase so I don't go down the expensive try this, try that route. I'l spend the $ but would like to get it right the first time. If options have already been posted, sorry, I couldn't find but 1 and that 1 wasn't recommended...a bit unsafe actually.

Thanks..much appreciated.

I feel the same way about the AK...prefect.

Except, of course, the little "thunk" i get when i decelerate...at about 23 MPH

Still trying to decide if i should raise a stink about that
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 02:01:13 PM »
I've used the Vista throttle lock on some bikes, the Go Cruise, and made the DIY version per Youtube.
I was considering the Vista for the AK. Living in the sunny south, I'm not familiar with the heated grips and didn't want to damage them by using something incompatible. So, haven't purchase any throttle lock yet.

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 03:00:08 PM »
Go Cruise---simple/cheap.   Better, pay attention to riding!!

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 05:15:05 PM »
Now there IS a really good option for CC on the AK 550... if you live in Europe or Asia...
The NEW 2022 AK 550 ST comes with CC stock.  ;D
But we won't see that one over here for a while.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 12:58:17 AM »
Now there IS a really good option for CC on the AK 550... if you live in Europe or Asia...
The NEW 2022 AK 550 ST comes with CC stock.  ;D
But we won't see that one over here for a while.

I cant tell if i like that one as much as far as looks...they smoothed things out a little. I like the sharp cuts. Grasshopper transformer thing its got goin on :D
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

wymple

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 05:59:08 AM »
I've used the Vista throttle lock on some bikes, the Go Cruise, and made the DIY version per Youtube.
I was considering the Vista for the AK. Living in the sunny south, I'm not familiar with the heated grips and didn't want to damage them by using something incompatible. So, haven't purchase any throttle lock yet.

I use one like the Vista myself. Piece of cake, and I really like cake :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()