Author Topic: Installing Indicators....  (Read 1295 times)

ModMan88

• View Profile
Installing Indicators....
« on: October 30, 2010, 09:13:04 PM »
So i got some aftermarket lights and I am installing them. We put the front ones on and they work great! Then the trouble started when we went to the back. Once the back ones were installed nothing happened at all, not even the front ones would come on. So we hooked them up to a battery to test them and they work. So we then hooked up the original ones and they worked with the front ones too. So then we tried every possible combination there is. I then checked my fuses but then again if they were blown the stock lights would not have came on.... so now I am clueless as to what it could be...  Any advice of previous experience to installing aftermarket lights?

???    ???    ???    ???

ModMan88

• View Profile
Re: Installing Indicators....
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »
So I blew the fuses... Now I have to go to find some 7A fuses. So that said leaves me to believe that even ofthe fuses looked good one of them might had been blown. Well now I'm stuck till I get new ones. I went to orileys and they only carried 7 1/2 and after dinner I'm going else where. I will let you know of that was the cause. I will also be buying a smaller one too incase the LEDs were just getting to much juice.

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:39:01 PM »
Why not get a 10A fuse. Fuses are to protect the wire from burning and then shorting out possibly causing a fire. What type of lights are you using? What is the amperage they are pulling?
What gauge wire are you using? How are you wiring it? What are you tapping into for power? Is there anything else on the line you are using to power your aftermarket lights?

Enough questions?

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 07:08:27 AM »
indicator circut has relay to control hole thing...

i think!
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
So I blew the fuses... Now I have to go to find some 7A fuses. So that said leaves me to believe that even ofthe fuses looked good one of them might had been blown. Well now I'm stuck till I get new ones. I went to orileys and they only carried 7 1/2 and after dinner I'm going else where. I will let you know of that was the cause. I will also be buying a smaller one too incase the LEDs were just getting to much juice.

7.5A or 7A - the same...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()