Author Topic: If you had helmet music on a loop, what would it be?  (Read 807 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
If you had helmet music on a loop, what would it be?
« on: October 26, 2021, 05:26:47 PM »

I don't.
I wear ear plugs every ride.
But I do like the sound of rain clicking on my helmet in the dark.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: If you had helmet music on a loop, what would it be?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »
funny you should ask!...I also ride with earplugs...and listen to music through my helmet...all while still being able to hear road noises! It's the ultimate combination.

Right now (when I'm riding) I'm listening to the Beatles channel on Amazon music...and if I had to stream something for eternity...it would be the Beatles.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 06:46:40 PM »
@hawk, your helmet is glowing!!! Avoid the hottest songs.😊
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 08:31:30 PM »
Mortal Kombat....its what it feels like sometimes driving through Providence, RI
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 09:47:44 PM »
I have an SD card with over 100 hours of music, I can ride 4 days before it starts to repeat, but usually I have it on a random play
RandyO
IBA#9560

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 10:22:54 PM »
I like to pay full attention to riding and staying alive.

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 02:05:25 AM »
Graceland
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 06:34:03 AM »
I don’t, too distracting, but if I did and could only have one artist on loop, I’d probably go for Led Zeppelin Now, one song only on loop, there’s a challenge. Gotta say even my favourite songs would drive me over the edge on continuous play!  Variety is the spice of life.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Paco

• Northern California
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 01:52:16 PM »
For me: Kinobe and Bonobo.
2019 Kymco X-Town 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 03:05:07 PM »
I don’t, too distracting, but if I did and could only have one artist on loop, I’d probably go for Led Zeppelin Now, one song only on loop, there’s a challenge. Gotta say even my favourite songs would drive me over the edge on continuous play!  Variety is the spice of life.
Neil,
I recall the first time I heard, and saw,  Led Zep's Immigrant Song being played.  It was in Vietnam.
There was a very different group of soldiers known as LRRP's (long range reconnaissance patrol) on some compounds. These guys would be inserted deep into indian country to go "snooping & pooping" on the enemy. The job of these 4 or 6 guys was not to make contact ....but to locate, sit & hide, watch & report enemy movements and concentrations. They were always vastly outnumbered, and a long ways from quick help. After several days they would move far enough away to call for extraction by Huey. Sometimes they were spotted and had to run for their lives....
In any event - it was a tense way to make a living. So when they returned to their hooch in a rear area, and after speaking only in whispers for days while observing the bad guys  - they liked to let go a bit.
In their bunker they had a big 7" reel to reel TEAC tape deck, some massive speakers and 2 large light organs.
The first time I heard the Immigrant Song blasting out of that bunker I thought they might be practicing some kind of sacrificial rituals in there. Bright, colored lights were keeping time with the massive bass! It was my 1st experience with Led Z. - and with light organs!

I never fail to think of those guys when I hear that song, or any track from that album....
(I think LRRP's were the first to carry the light weight freeze dried rations...?? Add water, put the bag next to the body, let it warm, etc.)
(..."how could the enemy not know where they were  - when they were inserted by a noisy helicopter?" Good question: the Huey would touch quickly at several different places in a large area - right at dusk. At one hover - these guys would jump out, lay prone and wait for at least 3/4 of an hour, before moving into the trees)

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 08:52:29 PM »
as I posted earlier, I have a little over 100 hours of music on a SD card, I put it in my Zumo, piped into my helmet via Autocom system.  I recall distinctly, a few years back on a IBA ride, that ZZ Top played as I crossed from Oklahoma into Texas
RandyO
IBA#9560

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2021, 02:21:17 AM »
I personally like anything by Mitchel Jackson, Normally I do not listen to music while I ride but when I take long trips I use Bluetooth headphones. 
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2021, 11:33:01 AM »
Well. I don't,  but if I  did, might be Dylan's Desolation Row....I love listening to 11+mins of Charlie McCoy's guitar playing.

Stig
...and I hope Bob took something for that cold.... :) :
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 11:36:00 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2021, 11:35:43 AM »
Neil,
I recall the first time I heard, and saw,  Led Zep's Immigrant Song being played.  It was in Vietnam.
There was a very different group of soldiers known as LRRP's (long range reconnaissance patrol) on some compounds. These guys would be inserted deep into indian country to go "snooping & pooping" on the enemy. The job of these 4 or 6 guys was not to make contact ....but to locate, sit & hide, watch & report enemy movements and concentrations. They were always vastly outnumbered, and a long ways from quick help. After several days they would move far enough away to call for extraction by Huey. Sometimes they were spotted and had to run for their lives....
In any event - it was a tense way to make a living. So when they returned to their hooch in a rear area, and after speaking only in whispers for days while observing the bad guys  - they liked to let go a bit.
In their bunker they had a big 7" reel to reel TEAC tape deck, some massive speakers and 2 large light organs.
The first time I heard the Immigrant Song blasting out of that bunker I thought they might be practicing some kind of sacrificial rituals in there. Bright, colored lights were keeping time with the massive bass! It was my 1st experience with Led Z. - and with light organs!

I never fail to think of those guys when I hear that song, or any track from that album....
(I think LRRP's were the first to carry the light weight freeze dried rations...?? Add water, put the bag next to the body, let it warm, etc.)
(..."how could the enemy not know where they were  - when they were inserted by a noisy helicopter?" Good question: the Huey would touch quickly at several different places in a large area - right at dusk. At one hover - these guys would jump out, lay prone and wait for at least 3/4 of an hour, before moving into the trees)

Stig

Stig, thanks for posting. Love your reminisces from your time in ‘Nam. Like your other memories too, it’s just this was clearly a tough time but you evoke a less harrowing aspect with these tales.  👍
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2021, 03:10:33 PM »
Stig, thanks for posting. Love your reminisces from your time in ‘Nam. Like your other memories too, it’s just this was clearly a tough time but you evoke a less harrowing aspect with these tales.  👍
Music is a pretty important part of life to youngsters - and it certainly was to the teenagers fighting that war. "Hello Vietnam", the movie, I thought portrayed that aspect well in a couple of scenes.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()