Author Topic: the pirates were angry today  (Read 423 times)

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
the pirates were angry today
« on: November 07, 2021, 09:30:16 PM »
went out on a wonderful, soul cleansing, 100 mile ride on my Ninja today. 61 degrees (16 c) out with sunshine..a beautiful Fall day..and maybe one of the last.

The pirates on their Harleys were extra grumpy, today. On a usual ride I will get about 80-90% return biker waves. Today? Definitely less than 50%.  I did get waves from the other 3 sport bikes, 1 BMW and 1 Can Am that I saw. but the 20 or so Harleys? Less than 10 waves...wonder if the cooler weather is not agreeing with them...
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: the pirates were angry today
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 12:34:46 AM »
I'd say their cold arthritic hands were too stiff to take them off the grips. Those other riders of other bikes have heated grips so not a problem.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 05:45:43 PM »
@hawk, you simply don't understand. Riding a Harley and being friendly doesn't go together.😎

I'd say their cold arthritic hands were too stiff to take them off the grips. Those other riders of other bikes have heated grips so not a problem.
@rjs, that was a good one...😂
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 02:03:12 PM »
@hawk, you simply don't understand. Riding a Harley and being friendly doesn't go together.😎
@rjs, that was a good one...😂
So right Ruffus (should I be typing @Ruffus?), nice one Bob.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 02:31:32 PM »
Just to keep it real here I used to ride with a Gold Wing group and there were some Gold Wing riders who were just like those Harley riders. Hands too cold to take off their heated grips or too stiff if they didn't have heat.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

brianmckewen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 06:22:24 PM »
When I first started riding in the 70's damn near everyone waved back. After a 20 year hiatus I was dissapointed to discover that that was no longer the case. Especially with the cruisers. For a while I would only wave if they did. I did not like this. This wasn't me. So then I went back to waving at everyone once again. This made me feel better and if they don't respond that's okay. I drove an old VW bug for years and we all waved to one another. It was like being in a club. My old neighbor who was a good friend of mine bought a nice Harley one year after selling his even nicer old Triumph. I always wanted a Bonneville. Once he got on that bike he refused to even look my way when we passed each other. I asked him why and he said because he was on a Harley now. Ha! So after that I started giving him the finger when we passed. Double Ha! This brought him around and he finally acknowledged my existence after that. People are funny. Strangely when ever I used to ride my beat up 1963 Honda Supercub I always got a wave back. Maybe because it looked so rough or because millions of Americans probably rode this for their first motorbike ride. I still miss it but it went to a good home where it is being restored now. Now I'm on a bright red Kymco and still waving as usual and happy. Brian.
2009 Kymco People S200
2022 Honda Navi
2022 Honda ADV 150

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()