Author Topic: Local KymCo service center  (Read 1447 times)

jermwars

• View Profile
Local KymCo service center
« on: November 10, 2021, 04:08:37 PM »
It took about a week...emailing them every day asking for a price on the 3,000 mile service.

They ignored me every day. Finally they reply with $450.00

Just for a goof, i ask how soon i can get it in for said service...That was last Friday. Been asking every day since.

IGNORED.

Something needs to be done about this sh**e...I need to do something.

Otherwise, if i dont, im responsible to the next guy they dick around.
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

john grinsel

• View Profile
Re: Local KymCo service center
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 04:16:24 PM »
Do it your self

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 04:24:25 PM »
Do it your self

I did. Kinda not the point though.
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 06:12:35 PM »
Why to bother at all?
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 06:44:07 PM »
I hear plenty of complaints about dealers not answering emails.
Even before all the staff shortages - shops rarely had an employee manning their website.
I've not come across a dealership that did not answer the phone.
And if they're local,  a personal visit might be in order.
We sometimes have to move away from our keyboard.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 07:22:36 PM »
Try a Telephone

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 08:00:42 PM »
Even before all the staff shortages - shops rarely had an employee manning their website.

Stig

Not much luck calling either...The messages ive left have never resulted in a call back

Driving down there has actually been the most productive, but unpleasant for sure...The guys just kind of a jerk. I think maybe i trolled him on facebook or flipped him off in traffic and dont remember him.
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 08:07:39 PM »
Why to bother at all?

Just because I didnt know if i wanted to mess with it. Ive got the money, so what the heck...let a "certified KymCo professional" work on my brand new bike instead of the doordash delivery guy (me)

But i dont want them to do me any favors by accepting my business i guess :D
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2021, 08:09:49 PM »

Stig

Now that im thinking about it, the first time i asked for a price on the service was while i was there...he said he would put that together and email me.

But i still think you are probably right. Showing up would probably be better. Cant get a lot worse
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2021, 08:18:30 PM »
Try a Telephone

Naturally, i did...and have

22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2021, 10:57:44 PM »
Regardless of money availability, what kind of work does this guy do? Meaning what quality of work does he do? You may want to consider what that little voice in the back of your head is yelling at you about this "jerk" as you call him.

Me, I do my own work. First, I don't have the available cash to pay someone else their shop rates. Second, it riles me to see boogered screw heads, rounded off nuts and bolts and missing fasteners. This is what I got with company cars and expense account paying for maintenance. So the same will happen on my prize toy. Finally, I have such a generally poor opinion of most dealer techs that the idea of turning my prize over to the most junior guy in the shop to do an oil change just curdles my gut. Your milage may vary.

What about an independent shop? They seem to be more interested in return customers than the dealer service sections. Motorsickle shops that are independent would be the most likely to take on your bike but other shops that do cars or ATV stuff might be worthy. Cars, bikes, ships, airplanes and farm equipment are all machines that share similar technology. So the type of machine should not matter to a real mech/tech.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 11:12:02 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2021, 11:19:23 PM »
Regardless of money availability, what kind of work does this guy do? Meaning what quality of work does he do? You may want to consider what that little voice in the back of your head is yelling at you about this "jerk" as you call him.

Me, I do my own work. First, I don't have the available cash to pay someone else their shop rates. Second, it riles me to see boogered screw heads, rounded off nuts and bolts and missing fasteners. This is what I got with company cars and expense account paying for maintenance. So the same will happen on my prize toy. Finally, I have such a generally poor opinion of most dealer techs that the idea of turning my prize over to the most junior guy in the shop to do an oil change just curdles my gut. Your milage may vary.

What about an independent shop? They seem to be more interested in return customers than the dealer service sections. Motorsickle shops that are independent would be the most likely to take on your bike but other shops that do cars or ATV stuff might be worthy. Cars, bikes, ships, airplanes and farm equipment are all machines that share similar technology. So the type of machine should not matter to a real mech/tech.

Im with you 100%. Dont know what i was even thinking other than i wanted the warranty to be in full/complete/unquestionable compliance. One of the main things that sold me on KymCO was warranty and i dont want to have any doubt should their be a claim...But the maintenance at a their $100 shop rate will literally cost more than the bike in 2 years...And like you said, thats with the dimmest monkey in the tree doing the most of the work.

no es bueno

Ive always done my own work before, but ive never had a new vehicle...just intimidating i guess
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2021, 01:46:30 AM »
Im with you 100%. Dont know what i was even thinking other than i wanted the warranty to be in full/complete/unquestionable compliance. One of the main things that sold me on KymCO was warranty and i dont want to have any doubt should their be a claim...But the maintenance at a their $100 shop rate will literally cost more than the bike in 2 years...And like you said, thats with the dimmest monkey in the tree doing the most of the work.

no es bueno

Ive always done my own work before, but ive never had a new vehicle...just intimidating i guess
No big deal.
1. Fill it if you drain it.
2. Use new fluid.
3. Do 1 & 3 often.

Your warranty is good if you do your own maintenance. Keep a record. Some say keep receipts. I know of ONE VALID warranty issue but it took six months to convince the dealer to actually do anything. Two year warranty with Kymco is meaningless if the dealer won't honor it. Don't worry. These have proven to be better made than most Rolls-Royce! Well, maybe better than most Bentleys. Well,  you get the idea! I have had four Kymco bikes, wife on her second and NONE required warranty.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2021, 11:31:20 AM »
@CROSSBOLT, it's little bit off topic but, you mentioning RR, came on my mind we had in several arab countries those BERGEN Rolls Royce engines on generators, wonderful machines. I used sometimes an excuse to get out of my office and visit the powerstations, just to see and listen this huge v-and inline motors.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2021, 01:33:39 PM »
@CROSSBOLT, it's little bit off topic but, you mentioning RR, came on my mind we had in several arab countries those BERGEN Rolls Royce engines on generators, wonderful machines. I used sometimes an excuse to get out of my office and visit the powerstations, just to see and listen this huge v-and inline motors.
Ah! Another lover of fine machinery! A kindred soul with a wrench and rag in one back pocket and a flaslight in t'other! An ear that can hear a malfunction at a huge distance and a soul that knows all is well when it is.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()