Author Topic: Veteran's Day ride  (Read 324 times)

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Veteran's Day ride
« on: November 11, 2021, 09:39:48 PM »
Veteran's Day and there be free meals to be found. So took off on the AK 550 in search of food offers. Stopped in the parking lot of Texas Roadhouse to pick up a coupon for a complementary meal when they are open (not open when they were handing the coupons out). That one's good until Memorial Day.Ordered a free combo meal at Taco John's using the phone app and picked that up while riding around.The ride ended up being 20 miles taking the long way around town.

Tonight will go out with my wife to Applebees for one free dinner and a coupon for $5 off the next time we go. But this trip will be on 4 wheels since the temps are too low for her and, besides, she hasn't been on the passenger seat of any of my bikes for over 10 years now (her choice).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 02:13:01 PM by rjs987 »
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

jermwars

• View Profile
Re: Veteran's Day ride
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 04:00:05 AM »
 ;D 8) Loveit.
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 05:58:36 PM »
  Free meals etc on Veterans Day are fine, but I always ask when I buy anything. Some restaurants, auto parts stores and even most of the stores in my local outlet mall offer military discounts all the time. Usually about 10% same as senior citizens. It doesn't hurt to ask!
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 09:22:29 PM »
  Free meals etc on Veterans Day are fine, but I always ask when I buy anything. Some restaurants, auto parts stores and even most of the stores in my local outlet mall offer military discounts all the time. Usually about 10% same as senior citizens. It doesn't hurt to ask!
How do you demonstrate that you are an honorably discharged veteran at so many stores and restaurants?
I carry a mini laminated DD214 which was given me at Ft Lewis when returning from Vietnam....which is slightly over half  a century old....and barely legible  :)
(I completed the paperwork at Lowes)
Curious....
Stig
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 09:26:03 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 09:56:41 PM »
How do you demonstrate that you are an honorably discharged veteran at so many stores and restaurants?
I carry a mini laminated DD214 which was given me at Ft Lewis when returning from Vietnam....which is slightly over half  a century old....and barely legible  :)
(I completed the paperwork at Lowes)
Curious....
Stig

I spent 31 years in the Army Reserve. I have a Green retired ID card (DD form 2 retired). It was issued with no expiration date, so it's good until I die.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()