Author Topic: Buying a used Kymco People?  (Read 1310 times)

Veronykah

• View Profile
Re: Buying a used Kymco People?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2021, 07:27:50 AM »

What part of the world are you in?
I'm in Los Angeles. Replaced the engine less than a year ago, been having weird issues ever since. Replaced the stator a few weeks ago and seemed to fix everything, then AGAIN it won't start. It cranks but won't turn over.
Checked valves and was told they were good so its a larger issue apparently? Then when I went to pick it up (just asking the mechanic to get it started so I could ride home) he discovered the carb was flooding, I think? He should be calling me to tell me what he's figured out tomorrow. I'd just like to be able to sell it honestly at this point, not sure I would trust it to not leave me stranded after the last few months with all the issues. Super bummed since it was rock solid before I replaced the engine. (that was for a really stupid reason too, grr)

I did also get the opportunity to buy a 2015 Vespa 300 GTS super for $3500, its been very well taken care of, not a big wheel BUT fast so thinking I will probably just take that one. Also found a 2018 SMAX with low miles for close to the same price. But I like the look of the Vespa more...wish I could buy both!

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 12:00:00 PM »
Don't  want really be ironic, but if a socalled mechanic on a single cylinder, carburated scooter (no matter what the owner did) isn't able to find the definitive cause of this issue, than he/she should close down business and sell matches as a street vendor.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 02:52:16 PM »
Buy the Vespa ...if that is the one which will put a smile on your face every time walk you up to it!
If Vespa Motorsport doesn't have the part - you don't need it.
You're in SoCal - get back to riding!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2021, 07:18:12 PM »
Don't  want really be ironic, but if a socalled mechanic on a single cylinder, carburated scooter (no matter what the owner did) isn't able to find the definitive cause of this issue, than he/she should close down business and sell matches as a street vendor.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()