Author Topic: CELP No longer works  (Read 468 times)

latham480

• View Profile
CELP No longer works
« on: December 14, 2021, 10:59:58 PM »
Well after 4 months, 2500miles i must say I have been impressed with this little like 200i, 2017. Year prior I had sold by chrome and green iridium Honda VTX1800..  Thought i would never enjoy riding again. But it a real pleasure pulling into the gas stations, and filling up. While filling up i always make loud obnoxious comments so that others could hear.. Such as, "How the hell do they expect us to get to work with these fuel prices, just last week it cost me $3.96 to fill up now im paying $5.12 to fill up and at 75 miles per gallon im going broke!" That line gets me alot of new friends as their fuel tops off at $60-70+.. Pull in next to a 3500 GMC dually and you have to error on caution as they pay $100 +....

Anyway back to the topic. I had error codes go off CELP 2 THEN 2,2,2 4 Times. I believe it refers to the crank shaft sensor. Im starting to get more excessive vibration in the motor while idling and take off. But since a week ago after going off a few times during 2 or 3 days, it has not returned, the CELP codes, or even the 2 startup blinks no matter what i do. Someone asked you about this Stig long ago but you never answered that part of his question. So therefore I must ask....  ::) ,  Did it give up on me? I have not had the time to work on it it states its a level 2 code in manual. Is their some witchcraft that must be performed? I tried the resetting of it.they offer 3 methods.. For the older newer and new...Which ponders the question how to classify that into actual year of the vehicle. Is old 2001-2012?? But anyway im sure as everyone else did. I did all 3 methods. But it wont give me anything anymore. The CELP is not working. What direction would someone please guide me in to figure this out. No mention of this in manual

Thanks   AL  Mesa AZ

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: CELP No longer works
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 12:18:54 AM »
Hello fellow LIKE200i owner!
#1) if I didn't answer a tech question in the past....it may be because:
a) I didn't know the answer
b) even worse - I was too tempted to confabulate some hair-brained answer

On the whole - if I do not know the answer - I try to make that clear.

Remember - After the codes cycle four times the codes will clear from the system memory.

In any event - regardless of what your CELP light is doing, or not doing - how is your scooter running today?

You are getting some additional vibration during the idle and during the take off?....Yes?
This is your main concern?

It seems that you have the LIKE service manual - so please take a look at the black rubber tubular sleave protecting the connector...then check, clean, electric-spray- the little white 2-pin connector. You may check the resistance there:
Pick Up Coil / Crank Position Sensor Resistance   100 ~ 130 ?

My first thought is I worry less about what the CELP is signaling - how is the scooter running?
Also - how is the health of your battery?
Funky low batteries can throw all kinds of funky signals....
Please advise.

Regards, Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 09:01:30 AM »
Dear LIKEers, let me help a little bit.
This issue was once written up by Stig under

https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=31118.msg218166#msg218166

Might be a starting point to check.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

latham480

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 10:51:36 PM »
Yes and no. The question delt with 2 issues. Eventually he sold it or traded it in without fixing it. No substance to why his CEPT was not working.

latham480

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 02:32:25 AM »
We've had a couple of reported cases of rotted fuel line --- this is the short rubber line inside the tank and attached directly to the fuel pump which resides in the tank. Rotting line seems to be associated with prolonged sitting with fuel in the tank - and was associated with fuel line used in some 2012/2013 LIKE200i models.

I dont think this has anything to do with what im asking

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 09:24:19 AM »
@latham, pls read the whole thread....
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()