Author Topic: Thank You!  (Read 2262 times)

ModMan88

• View Profile
Thank You!
« on: November 03, 2010, 08:48:53 PM »
I just wanted to says thanks to everyone that helped me with my scoot over this past week. I got my sliders in and installed them. So now I am going to be making videos of "How Too" and make it very friendly and explain stuff very well with little tricks I have learned throughout all of this. I will be showing you how to open your crank case for the first time and changing stuff out as well as explaining the difference of sliders and rollers and correct sizes, as well as installing LED lights. I promise this wont be one of those videos where I sit there with a dull voice and don't explain stuff enough like we have all see on YouTube. I am making this for the community here, so you know this will be good. Later on once I get a video or too up and going I will make a thread or hopefully someone can make it a sticky of questions I will answer by video and show you step by step if people start to like it enough. So let me know what you think of this idea and I will start on it within the next week or two.

Thanks again everyone!!!

;D

oswaldters

• View Profile
Re: Thank You!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:10:44 PM »
That sounds great.

That kind of video would be much used as these types of questions always come up. 

I would strongly encourage you to follow through on this idea!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:02:09 AM »
I just wanted to says thanks to everyone that helped me with my scoot over this past week. I got my sliders in and installed them. So now I am going to be making videos of "How Too" and make it very friendly and explain stuff very well with little tricks I have learned throughout all of this. I will be showing you how to open your crank case for the first time and changing stuff out as well as explaining the difference of sliders and rollers and correct sizes, as well as installing LED lights. I promise this wont be one of those videos where I sit there with a dull voice and don't explain stuff enough like we have all see on YouTube. I am making this for the community here, so you know this will be good. Later on once I get a video or too up and going I will make a thread or hopefully someone can make it a sticky of questions I will answer by video and show you step by step if people start to like it enough. So let me know what you think of this idea and I will start on it within the next week or two.

Thanks again everyone!!!

;D

Did you use 18x14 13g? Is there a difference in the way scoot accelerates now?
I am waiting for mine, they are still "in the mail".
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ModMan88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 01:37:47 AM »
No I used the 18x14 11g Sliders from Dr Pulley. I can tell a huge increase going up hill, also when you take off, well it doesn't feel like its bogging down. I also tested out going out 30mph and gave it gas and it moves .... i didn't lose any top end. All in all, it runs like a top! I did do my research on the weights before I did purchase. I found this one person who tried the 10,11,12 sliders and he said the 11g were the best, and I can not disagree. They are absolutely perfect for me. I do weight 130 so weight might play a huge roll. But like I was saying, it depends on you and only you. But that was the best $29 after shipping I ever spent, plus I got it in 3 days including sunday. And that is comming from all the way across the other side of the states. 

For the people wondering in size. 18x14 IS the size you need!!!

Hope this helped!   ;D

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 07:02:41 AM »
130kg? or pounds?

wats the top speed now?
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 10:31:24 AM »
I have just received regular sliders, Dr. Pulley sliders, front disc pads, rear brake shoes and a WRONG sized belt.  >:(
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 07:05:22 PM »
test the sliders, how much did u pay, i want them tooooo....
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

ModMan88

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 10:08:46 PM »
I only paid $29 which is only like $10 more then you would pay from eBay ordering from Taiwan. But since I did order in the US I got them way faster then I would have on eBay. But they deff are a great investment since there are not too many mods out there for the A125.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »
test the sliders, how much did u pay, i want them tooooo....

Something like 25-30 US$ for Dr. Pulley sliders, but nobody ships to our fabulous country, so I had them shipped to Germany. A friend of mine came here this weekend so he brought them to me.

I paid maybe 15 US$ for regular rollers from Dr. Pulley.

They will not be replaced until next spring, of course I will report how they perform.

However, I bought 13g, not 11g...
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 07:30:54 PM »
damn..

but honestly, its pretty worm in zg, cro wright now....

found this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dr-Pulley-20x17-Aprilia-Malaguti-Piaggio-Kymco-11-5g-/320612184625?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4aa5f9b231

note: got malossi multivar on, 20x17...

20 pounds its still bit heavy for this upgrade, gonna wait like u till next year  - i promise...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()