Author Topic: How to easily convert iPhone / Pad .HEIC photos to .jpg  (Read 285 times)

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
How to easily convert iPhone / Pad .HEIC photos to .jpg
« on: January 05, 2022, 01:27:02 PM »
Starting with iOS 11, the iPhone and iPad switched to the new high-efficiency HEIC/HEIF format for photos. You might have realized this when you tried to export photos to the Forum which demands .jpeg or similar!  So I researched and easy way to convert these without recourse to a third party App and found there is a workaround.  Two methods are listed here, but I think the second method is the most straightforward.   (You'll still need to resize the .jpeg to fit the size limit on the Forum.)

It's all here:  https://www.howtogeek.com/666363/how-to-convert-heic-photos-to-jpg-on-iphone-and-ipad/
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: How to easily convert iPhone / Pad .HEIC photos to .jpg
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 01:33:30 PM »
thanks, Neil! I'm an Android user but it seems like the vast majority are Apple users and this will be helpful.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: How to easily convert iPhone / Pad .HEIC photos to .jpg
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 05:32:14 PM »
Now that we've all been forced to obtain new Samsungs -- I'm finding that it takes such good photos that the Lumix camera is staying in my pocket. I think I can plug the phone into the Dell (as I can my camera) and have it transfer the pix for saving and editing.
Haven't tried yet.......

Tried it. Works fine. You just tell the PC which to copy and where to store.

Stig
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 09:47:41 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()