Author Topic: new bike/scooter. not a kymco  (Read 591 times)

scooter freak

• View Profile
new bike/scooter. not a kymco
« on: January 10, 2022, 01:19:04 AM »
maybe wrong place but i'll try. just gave my like 200 a new stablemate. I purchased a honda super cub 125. very cold in NY so only has 1 mile. any feedack? comments? its a cross between a scooter and a motorcycle. thought it might be a fun addition.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: new bike/scooter. not a kymco
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 01:42:28 AM »
Its a great little bike.  Last year a guy rode a super cub from California to Maine and then competed in the scooter Cannonball back to Calofornia.  The Scooter cannonball was a 4500 mile ride in 10 days.  The guy on the super cub came in second
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 11:27:13 AM »
I am considering a new Super Cub 125---based on living/riding/working near 25 years in Japan----had c-70, CS-90,C-90 cub.   They do not break----have nice features, like chain case and center stand---and in US big dealer network---one bike trip I want to do again is Hyder AK.   Would do it on cub.

Only problem I see with them=a little slow for north American traffic.----gas tank a little small.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 02:04:42 PM »
love that bike, great choice! Looking forward to some ride reports when the weather gets better.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 10:26:22 PM »
maybe wrong place but i'll try. just gave my like 200 a new stablemate. I purchased a honda super cub 125. very cold in NY so only has 1 mile. any feedack? comments? its a cross between a scooter and a motorcycle. thought it might be a fun addition.

Where in New York are you located? I'm in Syracuse, and am looking for folks to ride with. The local Harley crowd aren't very receptive to scooters. Even the American Legion riders won't let you join unless you have at least 400cc. My X-town 300 will run at least 75mph, I don't know the problem.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 11:25:58 PM »
What color did you get?
I really like the first ones - blue and white. Red seat.
Checked out a pair of them at a local street fair. Very impressive build quality!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

scooter freak

• View Profile
Re: new bike/scooter. not a kymco/response
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 01:07:02 AM »
a few questions were asked:
I bought a 2021 which is red, that's the one i wanted. 2022 is a dark gray and I'd take it but ended up finding the red. yes, it's a little slow for upstate NY but I have many other motorcycles for speed. this will be a back road afternoon fun bike.
I live in Albany NY and am lucky enough to have the A Town Rumblers here who go on some rides and meet every wed. night at different ice cream stores.
there is a scooter publication called scooterzine and the A Town Rumblers are featured this month, great little read by the way
I too find it hard to find people willing to accept these smaller cc machines but I'm lucky enough to have a wife with a Vespa. that's mostly my riding partner, she's also faster than I am.
I chose it because of the long history and I also the scooter cannonball riders. everyone should check it out. reports will follow but right now it's below zero. you in Syracuse NY can relate
thanks everyone for the comments, I know this is a Kymco forum first and always

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 01:30:53 PM »

yes, but we like ALL things scooter related...and sometimes we run out of Kymco things to talk about! ..and some of us really like red Hondas..
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2022, 03:30:38 PM »
I bought a 2021 which is red, that's the one i wanted. 2022 is a dark gray and I'd take it but ended up finding the red. yes, it's a little slow for upstate NY but I have many other motorcycles for speed. this will be a back road afternoon fun bike.
I live in Albany NY and am lucky enough to have the A Town Rumblers here who go on some rides and meet every wed. night at different ice cream stores.
there is a scooter publication called scooterzine and the A Town Rumblers are featured this month, great little read by the way
I too find it hard to find people willing to accept these smaller cc machines but I'm lucky enough to have a wife with a Vespa. that's mostly my riding partner, she's also faster than I am.

Thanks for the feedback Scooter Freak. Unfortunately my wife  is 76 and won't go anywhere near my scooter. I wish your club was closer, but I have a 300cc Kymco, and can run the Thruway at 70 or 75 easily. I may just drive down in nice weather and join you folks in a ride. Also thank you for that info on scooterzine.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2022, 04:54:32 PM »
I chose it because of the long history and I also the scooter cannonball riders. everyone should check it out. reports will follow but right now it's below zero. you in Syracuse NY can relate
Yeah, no!
ALL scooters are welcome here.....outside of the active Vespa forum - don't know of a more active scooter forum.
Post pics when you get it, please.
"Scooter rides" without pics are ....well somewhat, meh....I don't read through them.
But that's just me, maybe.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 05:05:30 PM »
"Scooter rides" without pics are ....well somewhat, meh....I don't read through them.
But that's just me, maybe.

Stig

Wish it was just you.  ;D  But I know a lot of riders who like to stop to take pictures of the roses... and a lot of other stuff besides their scooters.  ;)

I'm usually too busy riding, and having fun doing just that, when I go for a ride to even want to stop riding just to take a picture. I guess I should just refrain from reporting on my experience or ride unless I actually have a picture to take. Would make it much more appealing if this forum software were able to handle pictures without shrinking them in size to fit in a post. It's been about 10 years since I was using a camera that resulting in photos of the right size to just post here.

Yet I am thinking of starting to use that camera again since it was less hassle to pull that out than it is to unplug my phone from it's place on the USB port just to snap a pic. It's still a good camera and takes good pics even if not quite as good as my phone does (Pixel 4).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 05:07:03 PM by rjs987 »
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2022, 08:04:22 PM »
Heck, nothing wrong with taking long or short scooter rides without stopping to take a pic. Long writings to detail those are of interest to a lot or readers.

Simple minds here....I'm visual.. I sum up my ride with still visuals (and too often with a really stupid video!)
Bugs some, "repetitive" (I post pix on 3 forums - so I get that. Same guy, same scooters, same destination., "WTH?")
Nat Geo pics are great for diversity.
We're a friendly group here - post what you want. We'll click to open and read, or not.

As for problems with pix and the forum....
I've no problems with my camera - nor with my new cell phone. (Samsung A-32 5-G, 129 bucks - forced purchase by my carrier) Cable to my Dell, and download for editing. Then drop them here.

Kindness.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()