Author Topic: mini bike popularity  (Read 515 times)

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
mini bike popularity
« on: January 13, 2022, 08:20:17 PM »
Seems mini bikes are gaining in popularity in the US. Bikes like the Grohm/Grohm clones and the Monkey just to name a few. There are others.
Do you own one of these or are you familiar with them. They look like they would be a lot of fun. A new Grohm clone can be bought new for $1800. These things look like they would be great for the back roads and trails.
What say you?.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: mini bike popularity
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 01:01:18 PM »
as one who has as my biggest bike a 300 (279 actual cc's?)..I am enjoying this newfound focus on small displacement bikes. Honda sure seems to be leading the pack with this..Grom, Monkey, Super Cub, Trail 125, etc...The Grom was even copied by Kawasaki and Kymco with their versions of little bikes.

Not sure about trails (except Trail 125?) but for a second bike to mess around on, why not? Even better if they help to get some new riders interested.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 05:01:30 PM »
And don't forget the new Honda Navi... as if Honda doesn't have enough small form factor little bikes to sell.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 10:02:37 PM »
I'm excited to see all of these new mini motos.  I love my 150cc scooter but would like to get a mini moto at some point.  I have ridden a couple of Groms and a Benelli TnT135.  The Groms I rode were cramped for me because of their stepped seats but I sat on a 2022 Grom and it felt much better.  The Benelli TnT135 was great.  I think I could easily do a 300 mile day on it. 

The Grom has been Honda's best selling street bike in the USA since it was introduced and the other mini motos are selling well too. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 03:03:46 PM »
People like as they are fun and light---Japanese brand, do not break and maybe easy to work on.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 06:48:20 PM »
People like as they are fun and light---Japanese brand, do not break and maybe easy to work on.

One of the things I like about the mini motos is you don't have to remove a bunch of plastic to work on them.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()