Author Topic: deer hunters  (Read 9854 times)

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
Re: deer hunters
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 06:35:59 PM »
As long as we have the NRA here in the USA there will always be hunting with all types of weapons. Its not only a right but its a tradition.

Become an NRA member today.

The deer are protected here in TN by law until deer season opens for archery season in September and ends in January.

There are so many deer here in TN that the daily limit is 3 doe a day every day starting September 25th until January 9th

Do the math, that's 285 deer I can take as one hunter, ooops add 3 buck to that. ;)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »
Ah, ok.
But beeing zealous cattle drovers and farmers, they don't need super markets.
But someone has still to kill. Only vultures and "western civilised" mankind like cadavers. ;)

I agree, this is why I said that I am a hypocryte: I love animals but still eat meat.
Also, I am not exactly tree hugger type, considering I am 5 ft 11, 240 lbs, have clean shaven head and have been training with weights 5 time weekly for the past 10 years. :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
I agree, this is why I said that I am a hypocryte: I love animals but still eat meat.
Also, I am not exactly tree hugger type, considering I am 5 ft 11, 240 lbs, have clean shaven head and have been training with weights 5 time weekly for the past 10 years. :)

I love animals also. I know this sounds bizarre and ask yourself how could I shoot a deer if I love animals?
I was raised to respect nature and also to be  a sportsman when hunting. I dont use a bow and arrow to take an animal IMO thats animal cruelity and today we have technology to take an animal in a respectful manner.  I dont go deer hunting so I can go on a drinking party with my hunting buddies. IMO drinking alcohol / use of drugs in use with high powered weapons is dangerous! I know guys do it, but I dont care to hunt with those that do 0 tolerance on that.
You say that people killed animals to eat and survive and now we have grocery stores. Well back then we werent knocking down forest to build the new shopping mall, high dollar house, apartment complexes etc.
Deer arent like coyotes, meaning they only breed if they have the habitat and food source for multiplying. Deer breed every year having 1, 2 and even 3 offspring. If there were no deer season the deer would inbreed which would cause generic problems which would lead to diseases and they would suffer and die.
The average life of a deer is 5 years. Deer dont ever sleep, they rest, always under stress.

I said I wouldn't get into this type of discussion. I just want to make it clear that all people that hunt animals arent drunken wild red neck hillbillies with guns blowing up anything that moves. Some of us are sportsmans and enjoy being out in nature and enjoy the challenge of taking a whitetail deer.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 02:48:24 AM »
geting ready to go hunting im all packed up.just need one box of shells for my 870 remington.

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 11:30:18 PM »
geting ready to go hunting im all packed up.just need one box of shells for my 870 remington.

What state do you hunt to where you have to use a shotgun? I remembered I hunted in NJ once, and was only allowed to use a shotgun so I took my 1187 out to the range and was highly disappointing.
I prefer to use my Optima 50 cal inline for deer hunting. Its a tack driver to 150yrds. 150 grains of powder pushing a 295grain hollow point out a rifled barrel traveling at 1750FPS. Great penetration and the bullet stays 85% intact on impact. In all honesty its more accurate then my 30-06 which I only use when I am hunting fields with shots up to 250 yards. 3 buck last year, 2 neck shots and 1 double lung with the inline all 3 dropped in there tracks.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:42:15 PM by lankeeyankee »

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 11:38:27 PM »
Check out this lil guy, he came out to my stand 3 mornings in a row. He is a young button buck. He is going to be a big body deer when he grows up. I just enjoyed watching him eat acorns directly under my tree stand hoping that his grandfather would join him.  :D

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2010, 08:38:25 AM »
As long as we have the NRA here in the USA there will always be hunting with all types of weapons. Its not only a right but its a tradition.

Become an NRA member today.

I hope you watched Michael Moore`s Bowling for Columbine, ending scene with late Mr. Heston is especially memorable.

Yesterday I watched a documentary showing a woman that was arrested at an airport because she carried some liquid food for her diabetic mother that was with her in a wheelchair, while officers standing nearby where laughing. She had declared she had that food in a portable fridge.

There was also a 12 year old kid that was handcuffed and taken to the police because he gave to his friend 2 US$ worth of steak during lunch break in school (!!!!).

Under these conditions, my friend, and considering the power given to US President to produce "executive orders" at his/her own will, and without anybody`s approval, ban on gun ownership is just one executive order away.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2010, 11:32:38 AM »

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 02:02:24 PM »

There is a lot of money in all this.
In the last two years, my country has also undergone a quick "Americanization" course.
Now we also have agencies and lawyers specialized in (imaginary) personal injuries etc. :)

Btw. I have a question for you that is not hunting-related but it is wild animal&driving related.

If in your country a wild animal runs in front of your car and damages it after collision, and let`s suppose that you do not have full car insurance that will cover the cost but only third-party insurance, is somebody held liable, can you ask somebody about paying/covering the damages?

The same question for ts1, to check how are these situations managed in Germany.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 03:55:49 PM »
Germany: Wild animals don't have liability insurance and no owner and don't pay for anything.
Cattle & pets have an owner and hopefully this one has an insurance.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:58:20 PM by ts1 »

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 06:06:10 PM »
Here there are hunters' associations that are "in charge" of all areas where wild animals reside.
They can hunt there, but have to take care of animals, ensure additional food for animals during winter, respect laws, educate new members and a number of other things.
There is pretty much detailed legislation following these things.
If a wild animal causes damage to your car, it is local hunters' association that is held liable: they need to have insurance against issues like that.
So, you will get compensation for incurred damages from them or their insurance.

I wonder how these things work in USA.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 11:22:17 PM »
I have hit a deer with my car 2 years ago. I was traveling at 60 MPH and a doe ran out and I locked the brakes on my car and swerved to miss her, unfortunately a buck was hot on her trail and I couldn't avoid him. :'(  The impact was around 50 MPH as my cars drivers side front took the impact to this deer.
The deer flew up over the hood and luckly DIDNT come through the windshield as I put my arm over my face thinking that he would, he then landed on the trunk lid of my car. I stopped to see if I had any liquid dripping from the impact and hoping the radiator wasn't busted on impact. Luckily no fluid leak I then walked back about 100 ft where the impact took place  :::WARNING DETAILED INFORMATION:::: and the deer was still alive but not moving :'( I felt bad that for one he was suffering, and 2 I couldn't do anything to help or put him out of his misery. I didnt have my handgun on me since I was coming home from work or I would have taken away his suffering from internal injuries.
My insurance did cover the damage estimated at 3800.00 USD. Here in the USA you have 2 choices with insurance, just liability which only covers the other persons, personal injury and property damage or you can have premimum insurance called comprehension, fire, theft and collision. This type of insurance covers you and your property in an acccident if you are at fault such as reckless driving, hitting a deer, dumping your motorcycle, etc. anything of your fault.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
I have hit a deer with my car 2 years ago. I was traveling at 60 MPH and a doe ran out and I locked the brakes on my car and swerved to miss her, unfortunately a buck was hot on her trail and I couldn't avoid him. :'(  The impact was around 50 MPH as my cars drivers side front took the impact to this deer.
The deer flew up over the hood and luckly DIDNT come through the windshield as I put my arm over my face thinking that he would, he then landed on the trunk lid of my car. I stopped to see if I had any liquid dripping from the impact and hoping the radiator wasn't busted on impact. Luckily no fluid leak I then walked back about 100 ft where the impact took place  :::WARNING DETAILED INFORMATION:::: and the deer was still alive but not moving :'( I felt bad that for one he was suffering, and 2 I couldn't do anything to help or put him out of his misery. I didnt have my handgun on me since I was coming home from work or I would have taken away his suffering from internal injuries.
My insurance did cover the damage estimated at 3800.00 USD. Here in the USA you have 2 choices with insurance, just liability which only covers the other persons, personal injury and property damage or you can have premimum insurance called comprehension, fire, theft and collision. This type of insurance covers you and your property in an acccident if you are at fault such as reckless driving, hitting a deer, dumping your motorcycle, etc. anything of your fault.

This premium insurance exist here too: it covers everything except damages caused by drunk driving and intentional damages.
We call it "kasko" insurance: the same word exists in German language (Kasko Versicherung).
If you have only liability insurance and wildlife causes damage - local hunters have to restitute you for the damages. :)

p.s. It is close to impossible and financially not viable to have premium insurance for anything on two wheels as it is too expensive. Annually you have to pay approx. 10-20 % of the price of the new bike for full coverage. I have full coverage for my car: I pay around 700 US$ for liability insurance and additional 500 US$ for premium insurance: (total of 1200 US$ for insurance, 100 US$ luxury tax on cars and approx. 100 US$ technical inspection+road tax) / year. Price of the car is around 19.000 US$.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:39:50 PM by axy »
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 12:32:24 AM »
What state do you hunt to where you have to use a shotgun? I remembered I hunted in NJ once, and was only allowed to use a shotgun so I took my 1187 out to the range and was highly disappointing.
I prefer to use my Optima 50 cal inline for deer hunting. Its a tack driver to 150yrds. 150 grains of powder pushing a 295grain hollow point out a rifled barrel traveling at 1750FPS. Great penetration and the bullet stays 85% intact on impact. In all honesty its more accurate then my 30-06 which I only use when I am hunting fields with shots up to 250 yards. 3 buck last year, 2 neck shots and 1 double lung with the inline all 3 dropped in there tracks.
  I live in michigan there are some places wear you cant use rifle because of to many homes near by. its mostly the lower of the state the uper north part you can use both.

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 01:30:16 AM »
So are you limited to double 0 buckshot? Can you use an inline muzzleloader?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()