Author Topic: 350 Downtown dash configuration  (Read 200 times)

andys

• View Profile
350 Downtown dash configuration
« on: January 24, 2022, 12:53:30 PM »
Hi,
Anyone out there done any work on customising the dash on their Downtown? I have the Noodoe app, but dont want to use the maps as I prefer the app on my phone for that, but would still like to see what could be done with the dash. At the moment, the left side dial shows my speed, so I dont need that in the center, and the right side dial has RPM, so I dont need that repeated either. So what else can I get in the centre (through Noodoe) that is useful?
Thanks all.

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: 350 Downtown dash configuration
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 05:22:56 PM »
I have the AK 550 with Noodoe.
Do you have a clock anywhere?
I put an analog clock in the Noodoe screen.
I also put in Compass, it's like a radar screen that shows where gas stations and shopping and recreation sites and home and other selected favorites (selected in the phone Noodoe app).
I don't like any of the analog speedometers that are available since the increments don't come close to matching any known speed increments for MPH. But with the digital speed on the right display I don't realy need that either. Same with RPM as you have. It's on the left so don't need a repeat.
The weather screen is OK. Tells me the same as my phone does but I keep the phone in the glove box plugged in and it is nice to toggle to the weather while riding if I get the itch to see it.
The Groups screen might be good if you regularly ride in a group and they also have Noodoe and are in the area. Works kinda like the Compass showing where others are at the moment.

I do sometimes like having the default speedometer around since it also shows the odometer and if the phone BT and satellite is receiving (I do use Noodoe navigation) and phone cell towers in range and the time all on that screen in addition to the analog speed and digital speed.

I'm not into displaying any photos so I don't use that option. I'd rather watch the road. And when I park the bike I turn it off so I just don't see the point of that.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()