Author Topic: 2014 kymco new sento does it have a gy6 engine?  (Read 774 times)

danlay1234

• View Profile
2014 kymco new sento does it have a gy6 engine?
« on: January 27, 2022, 03:00:55 AM »
I have a 50cc 2014 kymco new sento the engine is stamped with lea3
Was wondering if its a gy6 engine or what other scooter has the same engine cant seem to find out anything about it

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: 2014 kymco new sento does it have a gy6 engine?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 10:51:21 AM »
@danlay, depends whether you have the FI model, maybe there is an answer in it..

https://www.motorscooterguide.net/kymco-compagno-sento-50i-110i/
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

danlay1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 08:37:33 AM »
I have the FI model just trying to get a bit bore kit for it

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 09:30:17 AM »
First of all ....Welcome to The Forum!
Are you needing parts for your Sento?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

danlay1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 08:19:28 PM »
I’m trying to find a big bore kit can’t seem to find anything directly for it was wondering what other scooter has the same engine

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 08:15:32 AM »
The 50cc Sento is made in China and uses the Chinese QMB139 standard engine, sometimes called a "GY6". The larger Sentos/New Sentos use a Kymco-Taiwan 100cc/110cc engine, mostly similar to the Kawasaki/Polaris  KFX90 ATV.  The confusion comes from the fact that the two Sentos look almost exactly the same.  Upon close inspection, the Taiwan 100cc engine is much "fatter" then the Chinese engine because of the hefty 100cc variator and clutch.

The low-tech standard Chinese QMB engine is much cheaper to buy and service.  They're available everywhere on eBay, etc.  Parts are incredibly cheap and plentiful.  The 100cc Taiwan engine is a jewel, a fine piece of engineering, high-revving and fast - but worse than a Ferrari for parts availability!  Any information on parts you will have to find from local forums like this.  Kymco won't tell you anything!  Bring your questions here, and somebody will try to point you in the right direction.

PS: Sorry about the poor images, but this site is not really friendly for images! If you click on the thumbnail below, you should see a better image. Disregard the error messages at the bottom of the page.  Hopefully the site may be debugged one day!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 08:29:47 AM by JJJoseph »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 09:11:25 AM »
The 50cc Sento is made in China and uses the Chinese QMB139 standard engine, sometimes called a "GY6". The larger Sentos/New Sentos use a Kymco-Taiwan 100cc/110cc engine, mostly similar to the Kawasaki/Polaris  KFX90 ATV.  The confusion comes from the fact that the two Sentos look almost exactly the same.  Upon close inspection, the Taiwan 100cc engine is much "fatter" then the Chinese engine because of the hefty 100cc variator and clutch.

The low-tech standard Chinese QMB engine is much cheaper to buy and service.  They're available everywhere on eBay, etc.  Parts are incredibly cheap and plentiful.  The 100cc Taiwan engine is a jewel, a fine piece of engineering, high-revving and fast - but worse than a Ferrari for parts availability!  Any information on parts you will have to find from local forums like this.  Kymco won't tell you anything!  Bring your questions here, and somebody will try to point you in the right direction.

PS: Sorry about the poor images, but this site is not really friendly for images! If you click on the thumbnail below, you should see a better image. Disregard the error messages at the bottom of the page.  Hopefully the site may be debugged one day!
Thanks!
Good explanation and good photos!
Perhaps, try a different photo hosting if you're not satisfied with how your pix are shared here?
Syig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

danlay1234

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2022, 03:42:28 AM »

is the new sento the same as the sento either or I’ll just order in a qmb big bore and see if it it fits I guess

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 09:46:53 PM »
is the new sento the same as the sento either or I’ll just order in a qmb big bore and see if it it fits I guess
It all depends on which Sento you have.  There's many different models based on the same frame and body, but hugely different engines. Could you upload a photo, or model/serial #s from the left/port side of the engine case?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()