Author Topic: Have you ever had your rides stolen?  (Read 1075 times)

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever had your rides stolen?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2022, 01:15:10 PM »
Evidently the police came by and told him what had happened.

Which begs the question KK, how did the police find out?!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2022, 10:30:20 PM »
Which begs the question KK, how did the police find out?!
The two kids escaped a detention facility in Salina for one to see his girlfriend in McPherson. Apparently the  police figured out it was these two and questioned them.   I actually have some empathy for them,  just compounding bad choices in life.

They did bring Chris's truck back undamaged,  just a little less fuel.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2022, 04:07:23 AM »
I have had an attempted theft of my scooter just last year. It was raining and I ended up taking my car and had my scooter chained up inside my carport, when I got home I found my bike laying down on my neighbors car. Her car wasnt damaged but the thief ended up taking my gas leaf blower that was sitting on top of my storage shelf. My guess is that he was going for my bike but didnt realize that it was locked up and got fustrated and layed it down and then spotted my unsecured leaf blower and decided to take that. 

A year later I have learned a valuable lesson and Installed a security system that covers every angle of my complex as well as locking and chaining up my scooter and leaf blower after each use. However, if a thief is really determined he will do anything to steal from you.
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2022, 09:58:40 PM »
Right after we had our pole barn built, a couple thieves broke in and stole my son and my 4 wheelers.  That God they were caught unloading them back in town by the police.  Wentbtovretrieve them at 5am that morning.  Then about 3 months later another breakin in the barn.  My silent alarm alerted me at 2am and I greeted the visitors with my side kick Mr Ruger, also notified my neighbor who showed up seconds later with his friend as well.  These two are doing 15 years as they were awaiting trial on a convience store robbery....yes they were released early on good behavior while waiting for trial for armed robbery.  Makes total sense doesnt it ???

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2022, 08:02:36 PM »
Riding little 50cc scooters all the time in Las Vegas was chaos.
Im sitting here trying to remember how many i had stolen...so very many. probably a dozen at least.
I had one get stolen at the gas pump as i walked into the store :P

Worst was in Phoenix though...mint 20 year old Suzuki Gs750L with like 5k miles stolen out of my driveway. I hate both those cities.
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2022, 11:41:57 PM »
Riding little 50cc scooters all the time in Las Vegas was chaos.
Im sitting here trying to remember how many i had stolen...so very many. probably a dozen at least.
I had one get stolen at the gas pump as i walked into the store :P

Worst was in Phoenix though...mint 20 year old Suzuki Gs750L with like 5k miles stolen out of my driveway. I hate both those cities.
Yeah, lost my taste for San Antonio after our only form of transportation was stolen. Plus some GI was getting  knifed pretty much every w/e. Young wife and I weren't sad to leave after a year of Army medic training.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2022, 04:02:05 PM »
Yeah, lost my taste for San Antonio after our only form of transportation was stolen. Plus some GI was getting  knifed pretty much every w/e. Young wife and I weren't sad to leave after a year of Army medic training.
Stig

I guess any major city has its yays and nays.

Heck, maybe even Vegas has good days. Maybe.
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2022, 10:48:33 AM »

Heck, maybe even Vegas has good days. Maybe.

Not the day I was there!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()