Author Topic: Fuel tank drain  (Read 504 times)

this_guy

• View Profile
Fuel tank drain
« on: February 03, 2022, 10:54:01 PM »
I just purchased a non-starting 2012 Like 200i and diagnosed the problem to the fuel pump. My pump seems to be actually toast, it doesn't pump any fuel, doesn't make any noise when energized, internal resistance of the pump is 6.8 ohms. Before I install the new pump, a Quantum fuel pump, I'd like to really clean out the tank. Whats the easiest way to do a good tank clean out? Remove the tank and drain fuel from the filler cap? Is there a drain for the tank? I dont see one.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel tank drain
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 02:20:01 AM »
Removal of the tank is probably possible....but a pain.
Me?..I'd siphon off as much as possible and wipe up residue after opening up the top by removing the plate holding the pump assembly.
Replace pump, line and filter as a unit.
Sticky under LIKE200I heading has procedure..
Hopefully no crud has been sent to the injector.
New filter should handle any remaining stuff.
Stig
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 02:24:31 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 10:47:11 AM »
There is NO drain tap on your gas tank. Removal would require taking off some other parts. (Pls see pic).

Since your pump is out already, I would use a simple smartphone endoscope to check this tanks internals.

To clean and dry take a few liters of ethyl-alcohol. Using a electric-drill-driven small waterpump to get all the alc and maybe rust/gunk out.

Then measure whether you have current on your both lines to your pump when ignition is on.
Next would be to replace your pump and filter with an aftermarket or any other brand product.
If you're experimental, you could install a @FACET external fuel pump too.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

this_guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 03:39:05 PM »
Ok, thanks for the replies. Removing the tank is definitely more work than I'm interested in doing. I'm replacing the pump, filter, and the internal fuel line with submersible fuel line. Hopefully it'll fire up and be happy.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()