Author Topic: Stig's flat tires - revisited  (Read 317 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Stig's flat tires - revisited
« on: February 20, 2022, 04:53:22 PM »
Not able to ride at present - so reviewed some old posts. Thought this subject w/photos might be of some interest to similarly grounded members.:
From years back....(FYI- both plugs are still holding air perfectly years later)

About a mile from home I noticed the rear of my LIKE200i acting squirrely. Pulled over and found the rear tire to be very low. I returned home and repaired the tire. I also recalled that it rolled with some 'drag' out into the dark driveway a few mins before!
Lesson learned, "If it rolls out funny" ...squeeze the tire!

Several videos show how to use the plug kit which I used:

The screw was in the center of my Michelin rear tire.

Remove screw.
Ream hole.
Insert pointy bit w/shank.
Unscrew & leave in shank.
Insert plug in gun tip. Lube lightly.
Screw gun and shank together.
Pump handle to push plug through shank and tire until no more movement.
Pull out the tool.
Pull an inch or two on plug to insure seating.
Trim it off and air it up.

"Your father's brother is your uncle!"

The Slime pump aired tire quickly. (comes with cigar lighter, battery tender, and alligator connections for every kind of voltage hook up; plus pressure gauge pen)

Took longer to read instructions than to fix the tire. See no leaks, will check again in a few hours.

https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Go-1075-Standard-Plugger/dp/B0018EUDHW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546870426&sr=8-3&keywords=stop+and+go+tire+repair+kit

Stig

Rear, Mar 2015, Honda Forza300, Dunlop ScootSmart sliced by metal, required tow and new, up-sized, Pirelli, at the dealer. (No correct size in the USA.)  My afternoon ride was just a touch over $500 - for tire, installation and tow to the dealer. (obtained better road ins. after this!)

Rear, Feb 2019, LIKE200i, screw in Michelin PowerPure 1/4 mile from home. Rode home for repair at home.*

Front, Sept 2019, Liberty150i, screw in Maxxis, miles from home, repaired on the road.*

* used the kit shown on the LIKE & the Liberty. Honda tire was sliced open - required a new tire.
I make certain that I've placed the Slime inflater and the patch kits under the seat of the scooter I'm riding that morning....and I have road-side assistance insurance for a case like I ran into with the Forza
Stig
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 04:56:00 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Stig's flat tires - revisited
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 06:10:36 PM »
It’s an I’ll wind Stig. You being grounded means we get extra tutorials! Win for us.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()