Author Topic: Another Kymco dealer gone  (Read 424 times)

john grinsel

• View Profile
Another Kymco dealer gone
« on: March 05, 2022, 02:12:19 PM »
Yesterday, while planning for future car trip to nearest Kymco dealer, called them, Rice Lake WI---60 miles away---they no longer are Kymco---So called Scooterville, Mpls-St Paul---they are still active Kymco, but little stock---100 or more miles away.

As rider, who goes places, will probably be buying Honda in the spring---more money but less than Vespa for example.  And more trouble free.

Still recovering from foot operation on my right foot----looks like they used dull knife to open, horse sized needle to sew up---last time I checked US ranks 36th in world for quality of care---number 1 in cost!   I used VA, as if they screw up they at least pay you for the rest of your life for their mistakes.Eau Claire WI more than 50 miles from Ft Snelling VA---they send you downtown here.

Buying Kymco, I would only consider new Super 8 150X or current year Spade---at 82, never ride anything alone you can not pick up alone---works better that way.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Another Kymco dealer gone
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 02:23:56 PM »
We have a lot of Kymco dealers here in the UK who, on checking, either have no stock or are just an order on line outfit.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 04:13:42 PM »
So John, if it's a new Honda, what model will it be? I know you'd mentioned the Cub before...still leaning that way?
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 05:38:03 PM »
Honda could be 2022 125 cub----but it comes to US market with no accessories or side stand---a little slow for north American riding--hate to screw around with ordering stuff from Thailand----could be PCX 160---but I am tired of screwing with drive belts and look at the plastic that has to come off just to adjust valves.    Bike dealers seem to be into boats and ATVs---I know this stuff keeps their doors open.  Stwy tuned.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 06:17:33 PM »
John,
Returning 'Nam vets steered clear of the VA like it was poison!
It was known as the place to go to have the wrong leg amputated. Rumor was you had to have committed at least one felony to be hired as an orderly. Most of the physicians couldn't speak English - or qualify for a job in a real hospital.
I know I haven't set foot in one in decades.

In response to public pressure - (& congressmen) the US govt. forced the VA to open 'store-front' counseling centers (miles from VA installations) - staffed by actual combat Vietnam vets and evac hospital nursing staff. I had friends who worked there after they came home. Good people, and a 'safe' place to go.

Hopefully things have improved in the VA centers and that you will get well.

I have a Kymco dealer within 5 miles....another 40 miles away ...and supposedly a couple in other small towns - IF they are still there ...probably selling  4 wheelers to hunters and farmers.
Stig
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 06:20:50 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 03:29:47 PM »
John my little 150 Bet & Win came from Chetek WI last fall, not far from Rice Lake. On the way home I purchased a camper from Link RV in Minong WI where it is still stored.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 03:45:26 PM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()