Author Topic: What will happen to Kymco  (Read 727 times)

airshot

• View Profile
What will happen to Kymco
« on: March 18, 2022, 12:07:48 PM »
Well folks, what is going to happen with parts for our Kymco toys?? With all the advances that Russia is making in Ukraine, it appears China may join in, they have had their eye on Tiawan for some time know.  Reports of military maneuvers taking place over Tiawan with fighter jets.  What will happen to our parts supply, and will future investments in Kymco products be a wise move ???  Inquiring minds would like to know !!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: What will happen to Kymco
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 12:32:50 PM »
No idea....
China already assembles a lot of Kymcos.
Communist Vietnam makes my Piaggio Liberty and some Vespas.

Stig

Saw this bumper sticker in Yellow Springs......."War is how Americans learn geography."
Taiwan.... :)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 02:08:36 PM »
Good question. Another along the same line is what has happened at Kymco USA? The last news about their borderline lunatic CEO, Mandi ran off the last of the old timers. The parts and the dealers were bailing at a situation was confused long before the present crisis and the dealers were bailing out at a record rate.

I have received no information from the source that popped up here last year. He is off to bigger and better elsewhere.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 02:49:44 PM »
let's all hope this Russian war fails..and fails miserably for them, and maybe China will think long and hard about trying the same with Taiwan.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 02:34:06 AM »
let's all hope this Russian war fails..and fails miserably for them, and maybe China will think long and hard about trying the same with Taiwan.
Personally I think  along these lines. Russia is fast becoming a world pariah. I think China will wait and see before attempting anything with Taiwan.

A few dozen cargo ships scuttled would be economical disastrous for China. Not to mention seizure of Chinese assets in America.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 08:16:54 AM »
Russia is fast becoming a world pariah.
We're getting out of our depth here - better stick to scooters!  FWIW, regardless of what happens to Taiwan, it's all China, and China is very good at making stuff.  It might be that Kymco parts will be much cheaper and available online with 2-day delivery.  I personally find it much easier buy parts from China than from Taiwan. Who knows how this will turn out? Let's think positively!

WEL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 11:05:39 PM »
We're getting out of our depth here - better stick to scooters!  FWIW, regardless of what happens to Taiwan, it's all China, and China is very good at making stuff.  It might be that Kymco parts will be much cheaper and available online with 2-day delivery.  I personally find it much easier buy parts from China than from Taiwan. Who knows how this will turn out? Let's think positively!

JJJoseph - You're right.  Best to just enjoy our scooters. We don't what China will do.

I have thought about how China invading Taiwan would impact Kymco, but more importantly, I worry about the people of Taiwan.

KYMCO
2021 AK 550

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 03:33:49 AM »
I guess I care more about people then cheap scooters.  I'm trying to be positive, the Russian debacle in Ukraine will make China think long and hard about Taiwan. (I hope).
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 12:45:55 PM »
I guess I care more about people then cheap scooters.  I'm trying to be positive, the Russian debacle in Ukraine will make China think long and hard about Taiwan. (I hope).
Me, too! Hope, that is...pray, more like it...
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 08:23:47 AM »
I'm trying to be positive, the Russian debacle in Ukraine will make China think long and hard about Taiwan. (I hope).
Don't get ahead of yourself!  China and Taiwan are like close relatives who share a common business, but don't always get along.  The key thing is they work together and cooperate at the scooter level.  Their combined success depends on working together whether they like each other or not.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()