Author Topic: What did you do with your Kymco scooter today?  (Read 5210 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with your Kymco scooter today?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2022, 01:21:41 PM »
Went on an early morning jaunt to Wales and back clocking up 159 miles and returning home at 06:20 hrs!  It was great, I must do it more often!

Liked the moon bathed in orange light.  (OK I know it's dust in the Earth's atmosphere!)  That last one could almost be a Picasso?
Hey hey. Good for you@!
And thanks for the very rare photos!
I really got to get another study of a U.K. map!
Wales...embarrassed say I doubt I could find Wales on an unmarked map....and Dylan Thomas has been my fav poet since the 1960's. (even my daughter quotes him now🙃

Again, well done you!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2022, 06:03:26 PM »
Wales?  Sticky out bit, middle left!  Or, on the right across the water from Ireland.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2022, 10:19:40 PM »
Wales?  Sticky out bit, middle left!  Or, on the right across the water from Ireland.

OK, I'll look at a map of Wales. Swansea was Thomas's home, yes?
Drank himself across NYC on a speaking tour for elderly wealthy ladies and co-eds...until dying in a NYC city hosp. if I recall.

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2022, 10:23:34 AM »
OK, I'll look at a map of Wales. Swansea was Thomas's home, yes?
Drank himself across NYC on a speaking tour for elderly wealthy ladies and co-eds...until dying in a NYC city hosp. if I recall.

Stig

Well according to Wiki, Thomas was born in Swansea, Wales, in 1914.  During his fourth trip to New York in 1953, Thomas became gravely ill and fell into a coma. He died on 9 November 1953 and his body was returned to Wales. On 25 November 1953, he was interred at St Martin's churchyard in Laugharne, Carmarthenshire.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2022, 11:39:26 AM »
Well according to Wiki, Thomas was born in Swansea, Wales, in 1914.  During his fourth trip to New York in 1953, Thomas became gravely ill and fell into a coma. He died on 9 November 1953 and his body was returned to Wales. On 25 November 1953, he was interred at St Martin's churchyard in Laugharne, Carmarthenshire.
The account I recall of his NYC recital tour (by his wife, or agent?)..was that he stopped for drinks at every bar across the city - from his cheap hotel to his destination.
There are a lot of bars in NYC.
All 6 of my kids have listened to my scratchy old LP of him reading A Child's Christmas in Wales..at Christmas time.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2022, 01:44:10 PM »
You're as bad as me for brain-washing your kids with the things which impressed you at whatever age!  Every time youngest says "Dad you're sooo embarrassing" I have to remind her it's in the Contract.  That's what Dads do.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2022, 01:46:13 PM »
Today...  I rode to a hospital appointment  :-\  Nothing serious and made my day when the nurse, on spotting my Triumph T-shirt, congratulated me on my taste and then regaled me with tales of her Dad's Norton! 
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

wymple

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2022, 05:00:11 AM »
I meandered around for about 160 miles today. No hurry & no place to be. I found out that my 500, which gets about 45 mpg up on the 4 lanes running 70-72, gets closer to 60 mpg running at 55-60. I tend to run slower when riding alone, and most of my riding had been previously done with my boys on their bigger bikes at higher speeds.

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
New Shad top box light kit
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2022, 01:17:30 PM »
  Finally got my Shad top box light kit installed. With the LED lights in the front, and the additional taillight in the back, the scooter is pretty well lit up now. While I had it all apart, I installed an Iridium spark plug. The next project will be 16gm Dr. Pulley sliders. I'll wait until I get 1000 miles on the scooter before I do that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 01:32:42 PM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i AB

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: New Shad top box light kit
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2022, 01:55:46 PM »
  Finally got my Shad top box light kit installed. With the LED lights in the front, and the additional taillight in the back, the scooter is pretty well lit up now. While I had it all apart, I installed an Iridium spark plug. The next project will be 16gm Dr. Pulley sliders. I'll wait until I get 1000 miles on the scooter before I do that.

The Shad light is sperate and below the top case?....not within the top case?
Photo with lights off to see what you have there, please?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2022, 02:20:25 PM »

Stig

The Shad LED light bar for the rear does mount on the bottom of the top case base. That actually makes a lot more sense since the case is removable and the LED bar remains when the top case is off the bike. That's usually where I mount a LED bar on my previous bikes.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2022, 03:30:12 PM »

Stig

Here's a photo you requested. The shad light bar mounts under the base. You can take the top box off, and the light remains in place and operational. In the picture the light appears to be white, but the LEDS are red and operate with the taillight. The x shaped taillight is the factory light on the X-Town.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i AB

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2022, 04:41:30 PM »

Here's a photo you requested. The shad light bar mounts under the base. You can take the top box off, and the light remains in place and operational. In the picture the light appears to be white, but the LEDS are red and operate with the taillight. The x shaped taillight is the factory light on the X-Town.
OK, yeah I think I've seen that before. It's like an optional mounting plate with a band of LED's?
I'm a big fan of extra rear lighting - probably few others here ride every single ride in the dark like i do!
Every ride starts in the dark - some days still dark when I return home!
Thanks for the pics.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2022, 08:44:06 PM »
Finally got the bike out to blow off the cob webs. Needed to go back to the grocery store to correct an inflated price on something on which they overcharged me. Isn't that everything these days though?
Anyway, the 2.6 mile round trip to the store turned into 16.3 miles going the long way. Rain was in the area so didn't want to be out dodging the drops too much. Took a new side street that cut through what was a corn field last year but now connects 2 main routes. That kept me away from a busy major road so that was good.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2022, 04:02:19 AM »

Anyway, the 2.6 mile round trip to the store turned into 16.3 miles going the long way.

That, in a nutshell, what biking (and scootering) is all about, riding, just for the sheer pleasure and peace of mind it brings.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()