Author Topic: What did you do with your Kymco scooter today?  (Read 5940 times)

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with your Kymco scooter today?
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2022, 12:53:30 AM »
probably not a bad idea to stock up on needed parts..I have noticed tires are a bit harder to come by these days.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2022, 11:21:57 AM »
probably not a bad idea to stock up on needed parts..I have noticed tires are a bit harder to come by these days.
After I purchased my 2012 LIKE200I LX new in 2013 I bought some "consumables" for it. Belt, sliders, brake pads, bulbs, new clutch assembly (at a good price from a member here who owned a shop !) , exhaust gasket and nuts, air filters,  etc.
Much if it stayed in a box in my bedroom for years.
Bulbs, brake pads and airfilters are still waiting their chance to get into the game!
I use new nuts each time that I  remove one from the cvt.
Stig

Fitting the new clutch was a saga chronicled here. Sucker would not open! Had to disassemble and re-lube it!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 11:27:57 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2022, 12:11:11 PM »

Received a note today that the front tire shipped, but no ETA. Who knows when the rear tire will ship or from where.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2022, 12:14:30 PM »
My SatNav bracket was shipped same day by the firm in Greece that I ordered from.  Still waiting for it a week or so later!  UPS tell me a 1 WD delay owing to the French striking (again).

Edit:  Arrived later yesterday!  There’s a little project for Monday.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 07:09:31 AM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2022, 03:03:13 PM »
mt dealer is waiting on an oil filter before they finish my first service, not a big deal, I'm going away for the weekend, ready to go, my K-Pipe loaded in back of silverado, the UXV450i loaded on my trailer, 3 hr drive to my brother's camp in northern VT, mostly I'll be trail riding on the UXV, but plan a little jaunt thru Hazens Notch, maybe Jay Peak, on the K-Pipe, and a pig roast too
RandyO
IBA#9560

rjs987

• Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2022, 03:42:19 PM »
Another day, another shopping trip. Turned a 2.6 mile round trip into 15 miles  ;D

Checking the oil level after every ride like I usually do right after an oil change just to look for leaks and drips. Level is staying constant right at the mid point of the dip stick and there are no drips anywhere so all is good.
/bob

NorWeWa

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2022, 03:46:15 PM »
Had the Downtown 300i for about a month now. Just seems to get better with use. I have gone back to the full face helmet with riding, verses the open face. The full face is quieter behind the windshield. With the age of the belt, decided to order up a belt and some other items and made the order in the  morning and the order was shipped out that afternoon.  The belt is giving no signs of ware or problems. almost no black out the CVT vent.  Looking forward to lots of miles from this scooter.

Art 

rjs987

• Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2022, 06:30:10 PM »
Just an update. Now the rear tire is expected to arrive Sept 8 and the front tire just showed up at my front door. The date code on the front tire is 0422 so it was made early this year at least (end of Jan 2022).
/bob

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2022, 06:40:39 PM »
Just an update. Now the rear tire is expected to arrive Sept 8 and the front tire just showed up at my front door. The date code on the front tire is 0422 so it was made early this year at least (end of Jan 2022).
With experts agreeing that tires are good for 6 to 10 years after manufacture...and scooters eating tires in half to a third of that time - I always smile at the angst suffered regarding that date stamp!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

rjs987

• Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2022, 08:23:56 PM »
With experts agreeing that tires are good for 6 to 10 years after manufacture...and scooters eating tires in half to a third of that time - I always smile at the angst suffered regarding that date stamp!

Stig

True.
I only mentioned it for those who suffer from such angst. I've never really been concerned what the date stamp is and it has never prevented me from using any tires I ordered online. But I was curious. I kept and used up the tires that were on my 2013 Burgman 650. I bought it in the fall of 2018. The tires were obviously the original tires from the factory since the miles on the scooter was only 3301. Those tires looked good for being 5-6 years old already and I easily used them up by the next year. That fits well within that 6-10 year time span.
/bob

NorWeWa

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2022, 09:47:34 PM »
Pulled the underseat bin out and attached a couple long zip ties, one to each seat opener latch, and routed them down under the plastic. Made sure I could open the latches with them. Also completely removed the seat shock.  Seat opens and rests between the handlebars now, easier to access the front of the bin. 

Art 
Downtown 300i
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 09:49:46 PM by NorWeWa »

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with your HONDA scooter today?
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2022, 07:35:40 PM »
well, I slightly moved my Kymco out of the way so I could service my Helix..decided that Labor Day weekend was a good time for oil, coolant and gear oil change, as well as pulling apart cvt and cleaning components.  There's something zen like for me, sitting in my garage with my scoot, music playing in the background, tools and fresh fluids nearby.

Did the oil and coolant on Friday (and yes, Karl, dammit, I had to look at the oil and coolant with a bright light...but luckily didn't see anything out of the ordinary..)

Pulled cvt cover off today for cleaning and gear oil change. Of course nothing goes as planned and ended up pulling trunk off to get better access to airbox, which was blocking access to reinstall cvt cover...air filter was perfect, gear oil looked like new, clutch pads had a little glaze which was sanded off and the belt dust was cleaned off everything.

I've put 1605 miles on it since purchase last summer. First time I've pulled the cvt since purchase when I changed belt and rollers.

Might sound strange but if I had to pick from my 3 2-wheelers I think I'd pick the Helix. Just seems like the perfect compromise between comfort, ease of use, around town and highway.
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with your Honda scooter today?
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2022, 07:36:39 PM »
and 2 more pics
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2022, 09:10:50 PM »
I went to my brothers annual Labor Day party, at his camp about 3 hours away in northern Vermont, he's got miles of atv trails and good motorcycling in, K-Pipe fits perfectly in the bed of my silverado with the tailgate up, my UXV45i on my trailer

got a 40 mile loop on the K-Pipe in https://goo.gl/maps/MYr7ZnXRr73wvjB38  mostly Vermont gravel roads, and Rt 242 over Jay Peak would be better off gravel, it's so rough

and many miles of trail riding on my UXV,  and we ate a pig and all the fixins that go with a pig roast
RandyO
IBA#9560

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with your Honda scooter today?
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2022, 10:02:41 PM »
and 2 more pics
That's a highly regarded scooter!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()