Author Topic: Idle Adjustment - 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 (2 stroke)  (Read 338 times)

matteblack

• View Profile
Idle Adjustment - 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 (2 stroke)
« on: April 05, 2022, 02:07:55 AM »
I'm new to the forum, so hopefully this is in the right place. I just purchased a used Kymco (model listed in subject) and am having trouble adjusting the high idle. The back wheel spins without giving any throttle. I've adjusted the air/fuel mixture screw and also the throttle assembly without any improvement. Can anyone tell me where to find the idle adjustment on this model? Or perhaps there's something else going on and I just don't know what I don't know. Any help would be appreciated. Bonus points if you know where to find a service manual for this model or perhaps a youtube tutorial. Thanks in advance!

- Matt

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: Idle Adjustment - 2014 Kymco Super 8 50 (2 stroke)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 03:29:18 AM »
Check here: https://kymco.at/kymco_store_view/dowloads/kymco.html
The Super 8 50 2T is most of the way down the page. There are also manuals for the 4T.
This is the Kymco HQ in Austria but most of the manuals are in English.

Is the scooter warmed up when you check for Idle?
If not warmed up then the rpm should be enough to make the rear wheel spin. After warm-up the rpm should drop (might have to blip the throttle) and the rear wheel won't spin. If the rpm is not dropping when warmed up then the workshop manual should help trouble shoot.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()