Author Topic: $5,599 OTD in 2014  (Read 340 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
$5,599 OTD in 2014
« on: April 14, 2022, 01:16:29 PM »
Just came across the paper-work for this...
Honda Forza 300 purchased new July 17, 2014 at my local multi-brand dealer (incl Kymco, Suzuki, Yamaha, etc.)

6:42AM

2015  & 5500 miles later I sold the Forza at a good price (nice pix really sells them!!) and moved up to a new-left-over 2013 Burgman 400 for a reason.* web search found a "special internet price" from a dealer 97 miles away. $4999 + license and tax. ($2K less than my local dealer's best price for a new-left-over 2014 Burg 400)
The whole deal done over the phone and emails. 2 color choices. Delivered free to my driveway. It was a very nice scooter. Powerful and very comfortable - rode like a Buick! GREAT pair of DRL headlights! Added a "Tail=Blazer" brake light bulb.

Stig
*the Mrs. changed her mind - decided she would not be comfortable riding with me while we are still raising children...
So, 2 yrs later Burgman left for a new Liberty150 S.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 01:23:22 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Mancashire

• NE Ohio B400
    • View Profile
Re: $5,599 OTD in 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 02:47:17 PM »
Interesting. I had one as well that I traded in on a 2011 B400. I had a love/hate relationship with my Forza. I did not get as much riding as yours as it spent half of the year at the dealers for recalls and fixes to the damage the techs made while doing the recalls. I don’t know if was the model year or the fact that my local Honda dealer had no techs familiar with scooters and no interest in making sure that the work they did was correct and that no damage to the scooter was done.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 03:14:43 PM »
Interesting. I had one as well that I traded in on a 2011 B400. I had a love/hate relationship with my Forza. I did not get as much riding as yours as it spent half of the year at the dealers for recalls and fixes to the damage the techs made while doing the recalls. I don’t know if was the model year or the fact that my local Honda dealer had no techs familiar with scooters and no interest in making sure that the work they did was correct and that no damage to the scooter was done.
I took mine to the nearest HONDA Power Seller (all Honda stuff) for the fuel pump recall. (not to the orig. dealer) Awhile later I noticed them rolling a new Forza off the selling floor back to the serv. area! They came out and said the recall was done, no worries - but the big tail panel was broken by their techs.....and when they tried to swap the part off of their new Forza - they broke a couple tabs on that one too!
Crazy....
Anyway, they sent a kid out with the new part 40 miles to my garage a couple weeks later. He used the big manual to ease off each tab....until he got it all put together. I was worried because it was freezing in my garage! I still have that pretty red big tail panel!
They could do the service --- but the panels are a mystery to all of us!
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 03:34:40 PM »
I bought my 99 SV650 over the phone with a credit card, picked it up the next day, never went back to that dealer for service, everything done at my local dealer that didn't have one and told me what dealer nearby that had one $5200

now, 23 years later, SVs are only up to $7300,  not a bad deal at msrp

RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()