Author Topic: Bikes are starting to trickle in  (Read 486 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Bikes are starting to trickle in
« on: May 20, 2022, 03:05:51 PM »
Bikes are starting to trickle in to my local dealer. Just not in sufficient numbers to maintain any type of inventory.  With high fuel prices  motorcycles/scooters are selling extremely well.  Dan's cycle just picked up another load of motorcycles/scooters from me to sell last Monday. Probably have one more load and will be cleaned out.  I'm sure $5. a gallon fuel is helping sells.

In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Bikes are starting to trickle in
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 04:34:48 PM »
I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday who recently bought a new Honda Rebel 300. He originally went to our local full line store to try to buy a new Honda PCX150. He was told that one was coming in later in the week and they'd call him when it came in. They called him when it arrived and told him 5 other people were wanting it and first one to show up would get it. He got there as fast as he could and it was already gone. His main reason for purchasing 2 wheels was fuel economy, first, and fun, second.

This tells me there will be a big run on 2 wheelers for quite a while. Which is good news for our hobby / sport.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 07:58:07 PM »
my local dealer is multi-brand, the big 4 + Kymco, Polaris, Slingshot, Triton Trailers, Honda Power equipment Mahindra,  sleds, watercraft, bikes, scooters, atv's SxSs, between all the products and brands, they have been pretty well stocked for a couple months or more. The owner is pretty aggressive getting product, if he can find a way to get more than his allotment, he will
RandyO
IBA#9560

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 08:24:08 PM »
In the past eight years the only thing I've needed my dealer for are tire changes when I take the wheel in.
As long as somebody's around to do that, I'm good to go......parts online, DIYing the rest.
Stig
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 12:00:56 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 10:09:01 PM »
my local dealer is multi-brand, the big 4 + Kymco, Polaris, Slingshot, Triton Trailers, Honda Power equipment Mahindra,  sleds, watercraft, bikes, scooters, atv's SxSs, between all the products and brands, they have been pretty well stocked for a couple months or more. The owner is pretty aggressive getting product, if he can find a way to get more than his allotment, he will
You are very lucky, in my area, none of the big 4 will allow their dealers to carry Kymco toys.  I have 3 dealers within 100 miles that were forced to drop the Kymco line by the other mfgrs. I have a large local dealer that carries Polaris, Honda, and the others but is not allowed to put Kymco stuff on his sales floor, only a couple small scooters or Polaris will pull their franchise!!  The big ones seem to fear the Kymco brand....

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 11:32:47 PM »
You are very lucky, in my area, none of the big 4 will allow their dealers to carry Kymco toys.  I have 3 dealers within 100 miles that were forced to drop the Kymco line by the other mfgrs. I have a large local dealer that carries Polaris, Honda, and the others but is not allowed to put Kymco stuff on his sales floor, only a couple small scooters or Polaris will pull their franchise!!  The big ones seem to fear the Kymco brand....

he had to creative with floor space to get Slingshots, he did not meet Polaris's minimum floor space, so he created an outdoor showroom, under cover of roof, but otherwise open air, that is where they display mostly atvs & SxSs. He recently opened a new location about 25 miles south, bigger building, more traffic. I did some wetland consulting thru the permitting process.

I think he gets away with selling Kymco's simply due to his sales volume of everything else
RandyO
IBA#9560

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 02:25:07 PM »

that's interesting...my local dealer carries the Japanese big 4 plus BMW, Triumph, Royal Enfield, Polaris, CF Moto and Kymco! (Although I've rarley ever seen a Kymco scooter, only side by sides)
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 11:18:21 PM »
that's interesting...my local dealer carries the Japanese big 4 plus BMW, Triumph, Royal Enfield, Polaris, CF Moto and Kymco! (Although I've rarley ever seen a Kymco scooter, only side by sides)
I don't think my local dealer even considered carrying the larger Kymco scooters, he didn't think they would sell. He went through my collection extremely quickly. 
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 11:31:00 PM »
I don't think my local dealer even considered carrying the larger Kymco scooters, he didn't think they would sell. He went through my collection extremely quickly.

my local dealer only has scooters & atvs from Kymco,  he hasn't had a Kymco SxS since 2015 when he had 2 and mine is one of em I got on a barter, for some reason, customers rather spend $2500 more for a Pioneer that has less power, ground clearance & features, but Kymco scooters & kids size atvs go like hotcakes, they've sold several K-Pipes & Spades too
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()