Author Topic: New tires arrived, wohoo  (Read 1215 times)

kryptekman

• View Profile
New tires arrived, wohoo
« on: June 03, 2022, 08:37:21 AM »
SuperATV intimidator 26.5 x 11 x 14

waiting on the new wheels to mount them

airshot

• View Profile
Re: New tires arrived, wohoo
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 03:13:16 PM »
Let us know how much low end grunt you loose with those new tires...you might have to rework your cvt clutch.  I considered going bigger but I ride in sand sometimes and couldnt afford the power loss. Keep us posted.

kryptekman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 05:13:05 AM »
Will do!

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 03:44:39 PM »
Let us know how much low end grunt you loose with those new tires...you might have to rework your cvt clutch.  I considered going bigger but I ride in sand sometimes and couldnt afford the power loss. Keep us posted.

the 15" winter car tires I have are that tall, (205/70-15) I believe are a little taller, haven't had any issues.

must be a fisherman, the angle of the photo makes the new tires look huge, the way fishermen show off their catch
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 10:24:14 PM »

must be a fisherman, the angle of the photo makes the new tires look huge, the way fishermen show off their catch
[/quote]
Might that idea come from experience??  LOL...

kryptekman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 05:32:15 AM »
the stock tires are 25 but only measure about 23.5 so it should be a significant lift!

hoping to have new pics up by wednesday and a trail report

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 04:28:38 PM »
When I replaced my tires, I went with Sunf AO33 and they were a true 25" tall tire and my stock tires were closer to 24 thaan the 25" they were supposed to be. That addituonal almost one inch did make a noticible difference in grunt....not much but there is a small difference.  That was my concern when I saw those 26" plus tires..Cant wait to hear your reports....

kryptekman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 06:23:17 AM »
Great news!

Tires installed and it actually turns smoother and the engine breaking isnt as abrupt, she slowly coasts to a stop also the strange disk brake grind sound is also gone for now, albeit I only drove about 1mile so far. RPMS do not seem to suffer too much, might be more noticeable on terrain. Did not require the 2" spacers I purchased, but it may need them after checking the trails but I dont see any rubbing only a 1/4 gap between back of tire and firewall. Overall Im really impressed and if you have the chance try the Super ATV intimidators in 26.5

I gained 3 and 1/4 lift in front, and 4 1/4 in the rear! whoohoo. Now I just need to move the shocks outward to get some more, but the bolts are not loose enough.

Accidentally torqued the front to 80ft lbs and 40 for the rear. Tomorrow we are going to test it on a trail we have rode with stock tires.

15025D05-1385-4D8C-9C8A-955AD3700EB0 by None None, on Flickr

IMG_9060 by None None, on Flickr

IMG_9063 by None None, on Flickr
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 06:37:17 AM by kryptekman »

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2022, 01:42:39 PM »
Damn nice looking wheels and tires !!!

kryptekman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2022, 06:25:39 PM »
sh** my dumbass just noticed the passenger front and driver rear tires are backwards!

wish me luck with the flip lol

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2022, 07:40:11 PM »
sh** my dumbass just noticed the passenger front and driver rear tires are backwards!

wish me luck with the flip lol

I saw the front
RandyO
IBA#9560

kryptekman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2022, 08:50:58 PM »
I saw the front

gonna let a brotha ride ass backwards lol

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 09:48:32 PM »
I saw that as well but didnt say anything as it coukd have been a flipped picture and I once owned a set of Dunlop tires that worked much better running them backwards!!  On fairly smooth roads/ trails you wont notice a loss in grunt, but get into loose sand, mud and hills and beware. Worse case is a premature belt wear and ir high engine temps. Not tryin to scare you, just need to watch out and be carefull..

kryptekman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2022, 03:46:58 AM »
I saw that as well but didnt say anything as it coukd have been a flipped picture and I once owned a set of Dunlop tires that worked much better running them backwards!!  On fairly smooth roads/ trails you wont notice a loss in grunt, but get into loose sand, mud and hills and beware. Worse case is a premature belt wear and ir high engine temps. Not tryin to scare you, just need to watch out and be carefull..

Fixed it before we hit trails today, and the result was nothing but incredible. I really like the feel of the tires, in softer rock/sand mix you can get drifty, and the 450 engine has just enough umphh to get the tires spinning as fast as you would want to go. I understand that too much speed is often the cause of a wreck or something broken, so it has plenty of power i think for our alaska trails.

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2022, 04:56:14 PM »
Damn, that looks fine!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()