Author Topic: People 150 Petcock broken  (Read 522 times)

jesse121pm

• View Profile
People 150 Petcock broken
« on: June 05, 2022, 10:56:00 PM »
I have a 2009 kymco people scooter 150cc. I am new to scooters. This one is spilling fuel out of the airbox through the filter. my guess would be a petcock problem. I want to get a fuel shutoff valve but its not a screw in type it was held in the gas tank with a hose clamp. Also when I hook up the battery to a jumper the scooter just continutes to start and will stop if i hold in the start button? I was wondering if I should get a new petcock or just a fuel shutoff filter. There is a new carburetor on it. I think i am just having problems getting fuel to stay in it because it will just die when i start it up. here are some pictures. Also what is this hose supposed to go to? If there is anyone that can tell me the exact fuel shutoff i would need remember its not a screw in style.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 12:52:04 PM by Stig / Major Tom »

jesse121pm

• View Profile
Re: Petcock broken
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 10:59:56 PM »
heres the other pictures

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 11:13:56 PM »
your last posted pic vents to atmosphere. It's part of a vacuum line that runs from the fuel tank to the intake manifold and to the emissions stuff. Our older scoots have this, not sure the newer ones do.

Can't help with the petcock / fuel shutoff...but curious how gas could be coming out of your airbox? There shouldn't be any connection between fuel tank and air box. Is the carb filling so full of fuel that it's running backwards through the air box?
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

jesse121pm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 12:10:49 AM »
your last posted pic vents to atmosphere. It's part of a vacuum line that runs from the fuel tank to the intake manifold and to the emissions stuff. Our older scoots have this, not sure the newer ones do.

Can't help with the petcock / fuel shutoff...but curious how gas could be coming out of your airbox? There shouldn't be any connection between fuel tank and air box. Is the carb filling so full of fuel that it's running backwards through the air box?

I have no idea like i said im very new to this scooter stuff. but im not to sure on what to do like it wont start or run for very long

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 11:29:42 AM »
     Jesse 121pm

I suggest you go to the specific People 150 part of the forum. Those folks have that specific model, and may be able to help!  Also if you are going to keep your scooter, I suggest you consider buying a Cyclepedia service manual. Mine cost $40.00, but it is well worth it in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 03:07:08 PM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: People 150 Petcock broken
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 08:29:27 PM »
@Jesse, could it be you interchanged the fuel and vacuum lines somehow?
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()