Author Topic: Need/want your opinion on performance parts......  (Read 7209 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Need/want your opinion on performance parts......
« on: November 15, 2010, 12:29:43 PM »
what up guys?.....i have made a list of parts for my zx. i gave the list last night to begin ordering...i am getting a bbk,exhaust, carb kit,gears....WOOO HOOOO....anyway, i am having a difficult time figuring out which...i am torn between the malossi and the polini kit....torn really bad between the exhaust...my very 1st choice was a technigas rs2, but now i have added a LV zx, rs2, v8(dont know where to find these tho.....what say the ppl of kymcoforum??????....the pipe is stumping me.......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

glopezz05

• View Profile
Re: Need/want your opinion on performance parts......
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 02:05:26 PM »
It's a coin flip... Polini and malossi are both excellent.

Enviromoto.com has a leovince exhaust for the gy6... I've seen it on YouTube and love it's sound. Good luck!
Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »
what up guys?.....i have made a list of parts for my zx. i gave the list last night to begin ordering...i am getting a bbk,exhaust, carb kit,gears....WOOO HOOOO....anyway, i am having a difficult time figuring out which...i am torn between the malossi and the polini kit....torn really bad between the exhaust...my very 1st choice was a technigas rs2, but now i have added a LV zx, rs2, v8(dont know where to find these tho.....what say the ppl of kymcoforum??????....the pipe is stumping me.......

Take a look at prices at scooterpartsmania.com for performance exhausts for little scoots.
You will be VERY surprised.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »
Hey, bat, good to see ya. Tough choice...they both look great and get good reviews. I will just add that you can also use this site called thefind. It's pretty cool. I can't use it on this ancient small computer because it brings up a lot of great pics and uses a lot of resources when I click on everything I see...:D

(I need my faster 'puter! I really miss it!!)

I would use it to find you a deal, but it would probably take me a longer than you because I would have to keep closing my browser and rebooting. Good Luck, though! ;)

(And when you decide which one you want for sure and locate a part # for it there are other ways to locate a deal too...)

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 10:41:52 PM »
hey girl, yeah its between a polini or malossi for sure. i happened to find a polini dio kit cheaper than the malossi zx kit, soooooo. :D   the pipe is different of course.. i think sid uses a v8 pipe, of course very 1st drool was over the rs2, but i think the lv zx is cheaper by $40....i have seen the find on my phone but the phone isnt a puter either really..i do have a brower tho. :D(got a puter now, waiting on internet hook up this week..woo hooooo!)..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 11:10:59 PM »
Whoa! You gonna be happy as a Fat Cat soon...Phone, Souped up Scoot, Computer AND Internet!! WooHoooo is right! I haven't used the phone browser's so I don't know what all you can do with it until you get the internet going, but you can also try this...

type in the name or description of the the pipe you want to look at on Google Images. You should get at least a few pages worth of hits. When you scroll through them you will see that there are actually many places that sell stuff that we never even heard of before. Since you are ordering many things you need the best price you can get on the high priced items.

I usually check the copyright at the bottom of the page to make sure it's not a 10 year old site. If you find a good price send them an email to make sure they are still in business and to see if they answer quickly. Or did you mean you already picked the polini dio kit? :D Maybe I'm just rambling for nothing here. Dang, I wish I hadn't lost my bookmarks! Anyway...hope you get a Good Deal! :)

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 02:31:08 AM »
im hoping to find the good deals.. :D :D  did find a polini dio kit at a good price..alot cheaper than the SAME KIT for the zx.. ;)...W.T.H.?????...saaaaame kit, $100 difference...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 02:40:47 AM »
Yup...that extra $100 is pure profit and simply because someone couldn't or didn't have the time to shop around! Crazy, right? So...did you get me a part number...or a pic or a link to a place that has one in stock or something to go on yet? Sounds like you might already have found a good deal...

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 02:43:51 AM »
You never know - the outfit that I bought the led accent lighting kit from sells the kit for $39 on their website, but the same company also sells the exact kit on ebay for $37.  Same company name and all.

Go figure!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 02:52:19 AM »
Definitely pays to shop around...a penny saved is a penny earned.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 02:59:50 AM »
The internet definitely changed the game in favor of the consumer.

I order online every chance I get.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 03:02:53 AM »
Some of these scoot parts can be hard to find locally for lots of folks.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 03:05:24 AM »
Including me!

I've not bought that many parts, but I've bought them from all over.

Unless I'm going for OEM in which case I go with Stadium.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 03:09:20 AM »
True, I've only seen one place cheaper than stadiumyamaha and their shipping wasn't. Even now some folks still don't like to shop online, but with places like stadium you can always look up what you want online then pick up the phone and call them.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 03:14:50 AM »
Hard to get a good deal on the OEM stuff.

I've had some good luck with customer service at a number of places - so being able to pick up the phone and talk to someone is always a plus.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()