Author Topic: Scooter bogging out when given throttle  (Read 305 times)

jesse121pm

• View Profile
Scooter bogging out when given throttle
« on: June 09, 2022, 04:19:49 AM »
I have a 2009 people 150 and I know that I should of put it in the 150 fourms but I wasn't getting answers. I just put a new carb on it and it will not stay running or stay running when applying throttle. I want to put a fuel shutoff valve instead of vaccum opperated petcock. The only problem is where the petcock would normally go into the tank is not threaded it just clicks into the gas tank. Any help. I am getting paid to fix this scooter and I haven't figured out anything yet.

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Scooter bogging out when given throttle
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 10:15:23 AM »

Stick with Iahawk, he will coach you for sure.

https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=32435.msg227841#msg227841
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 10:17:36 AM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Scooter bogging out when given throttle
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 10:40:26 AM »
I have a 2009 people 150 and I know that I should of put it in the 150 fourms but I wasn't getting answers. I just put a new carb on it and it will not stay running or stay running when applying throttle. I want to put a fuel shutoff valve instead of vaccum opperated petcock. The only problem is where the petcock would normally go into the tank is not threaded it just clicks into the gas tank. Any help. I am getting paid to fix this scooter and I haven't figured out anything yet.
We all here work for free just to help another scooter guy or gal get their rig running. It's kinda brother/sister love without the bickering. Several on here have been or are working in the two-wheel repair business and several are experienced at repairing just about anything.

I understand you are kinda in a jam here with being expected to fix this without charging big bucks while learning.

One of the keys to troubleshooting with words (pictures and videos are a huge help) is the information needed is rather large. An experienced tech in a jam understands this and automatically supplies details without being prompted. For instance, you said you put a new carb on this. But is this an exact Kymco part or an "ebay universal?" Was it put on by the previous owner or did you put it on? Was it set before it was installed or just installed right out of the box? Why was it put on in the first place? That kind of information.

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()