Author Topic: Speedometer  (Read 1126 times)

Kames115

• View Profile
Speedometer
« on: June 25, 2022, 02:48:47 PM »
Hello all, I have a 2015 uxv 450i side by side. The speedometer worked intermittently and then stopped working all together. Can someone point me in the direction of the speed sensor. I’m having a hard time determining which one it is. Thanks in advance!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 06:45:36 PM by Kames115 »

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Speedometer
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 05:21:19 PM »
Wow...a 2025 already..lol....you must have hitched a ride on a time machine!!.....I have a 2015 450i so hope they are still similiar, but need to know...can yours fly??  Just kidding....seriously I dont think they have changed much... The speed sensor has always been a small issue from my research.  On mine the speed sensor is located down beside the dipstick for checking the oil.  Therevis a single screw holding it in.  Snug fit in the hole so a little twisting, turning to pull it out.  Sometimes they can be cleaned andvthey will work again for a while. Be sure the electrical connection is clean and makes good contact as this is an area where crud can collect.If you have to buy a new one, they were not that expensive, I paid around 50 bucks for mine a couple years back. let us know what you find !!

Kames115

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 06:47:10 PM »
Oh jeez!!! And that’s why you should proof read before posting. It is a 2015!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 07:16:08 PM »
Oh jeez!!! And that’s why you should proof read before posting. It is a 2015!
I like the time machine idea better!!!   Glad yoyrs is a 2015 so we now know we have the same machine.  I ordered my sensor off Ebay where I met " Leesons ArticCat" they are also a Kymco dealer and I havevordered a few parts thru them, they have given me great service and very helpfull over the phone.

Kames115

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 02:39:53 PM »
So is there any way to test the sensor or should I just bite the bullet and order a new one?

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 06:40:48 PM »
So is there any way to test the sensor or should I just bite the bullet and order a new one?
No way to test that I have found...clean it good and make sure the elec plug is clean, making good contact!  If it doesnt work, then time to replace it...

Kames115

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 12:35:33 PM »
Ordered one on Tuesday. They were hoping in a week it would be here. Will update!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 02:32:30 PM »
Wont hurt a thing riding without the sensor working, so have a ball.  Mine was out a while summer, just used my GPS for speed and distance. Kept track of the 600 miles I put on it and made a note in my owners manual to add that much to the odometer in case of a future different owner.

Kames115

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2022, 11:56:27 AM »
Installed the new speed sensor and it works!!! Off it doesn’t register from 0-4 though. Thanks for all the help!

kryptekman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2022, 03:07:58 AM »
Installed the new speed sensor and it works!!! Off it doesn’t register from 0-4 though. Thanks for all the help!

where did you find it online

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()